Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OF course canelo needs to be contractually bound to a mega fight with floyd in order to fight a live body

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Its most likely that if he appears on Floyds undercard and wins, he'll get a floyd fight in the fall
      yup i think its this as well.Canelo has said this already.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Look on the bright side. Tix will probably be cheaper. LOL
        I'd rather them be more expensive.

I still think it will be on the card though.

Comment

They're not gonna impose a contractual agreement on Floyd, they better forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
            They need to clear up what the 'contractual' part is. Is Canelo demanding a Floyd fight regardless if he wins or loses against Trout? Or is Floyd saying regardless if Canelo wins or loses, he doesn't want to sign for a Fall fight yet? (which makes no sense since Canelo brings him infinitely more than any other available fighter).
            but how would that even work from a negotation standpoint? Floyd probably wants to do it as 2 separate things. If he agrees now then can Canelo ask for whatever he wants in September? He'll probably try to act like he's selling alot of PPV's for Floyd and Floyd will probably try to say that he did it mostly on his own. Canelo will want a bigger percentage then Floyd will want to give him, espically if he has a contract saying that Floyd has to fight him. To me it just is hard to do finacially.

At the same time Canelo has to play his cards right. He can walk and fight Trout on his own but he's still not the star people make him out to be. To be famous he still needs that Floyd fight and if he backs out now then I bet Floyd will either not even look his way in Septermber or will rape him in negotiations

Comment

That's good news. I'd rather see Trout/Canelo on a separate date. Good for Canelo. He'll make bigger money than on someone else's card.

Comment

Floyds giant ego just ruined the co-main event lol

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                  Looks like Floyd is afraid of Saul Alvarez.

He wants to fight another naturally smaller man in September, perhaps Ponce de Leon who would agree to come up to welterweight to fight him, like Marquez did. Maybe he'll try to get someone old and shot like Joan Guzman or a flawed fighter like Amir Khan.
                  I wouldn't say all that. He just doesn't let anybody bully him into negotiations. I don't see why people are surprised that Floyd wouldn't agree to some bull**** like this.

Comment

Another Rafeal Tweet:
                    "Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn

By the way, I dont really blame Canelo. Why should he bring lot to table for a Floyd card without the promise from Floyd he'll fight him?"

Comment

Floyd sells a Mill plus without Canelo lol. **** does he need him for.

Comment

Working...
                      X