No announcement yet.

When to stop training before a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to stop training before a fight?

I have "left it in the gym" a couple of times in my career. I've even won fights that I know I was way past my peak. I always feel like I've worked too hard and don't have much left for my fight. I come back to the gym like a week later and feel like a million bucks. I am somewhat of a perfectionist and can't seem to settle for not doing **** for a week before my fight. Does anyone have any suggestions about how many days off I should take before a fight? I fight february 9th and don't want to be physically exhausted going in. I usually take off the day before the fight, but I'm definitely thinking I need much more. I run 5 miles everyday day. When should I stop that before a fight? Any advice would help. I've been fighting for years and still haven't figured it out.

i would say as rough guide no proper sparring 2 weeks before the fight just because of cuts/hand/rib or random injury's. then push the cardio that final week with loads of bag work and shadow boxing. give yourself the 2 days before your fight to completely relax maybe just some shadow boxing for 20 minutes. like a warm up and warm down. and mentally have that mindset that you tell your body when its ready to fight and not the other way round. you don't want to be standing in your boxer shorts getting weighed wondering if you've peaked or not. a boxer should be ready to fight with no excuses if you wake him up any time or day of the year. good luck for your next fight.

Comment

good luck for yor fights...

Comment

Working...
      X