Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The REAL Nintendo Revolution controller revealed!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The REAL Nintendo Revolution controller revealed!

There you have it, I am going with not to knock it until you try it . The 2nd picture is an add on for first person shooters. It works like this you can flip the controller and play like a regular controller, or you can use it as a remote and for instance in Zelda if you want to swing his sword you just swing the remote. Also in racing if you want to move left or right then you just move your wrists. Also in shooters to shoot you aim with aiming like you would a gun and move left or wright by moving your wrists....

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/...927691-000.jpg

Sounds pretty interesting, I am undecided if I will like it or not...Definately a new step that is actually being praised by Microsoft and Sony people so it makes me wonder if they will rip that off with their next consoles.....

Comments?

WTF?!

HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

So, I guess Nintendo plans to really fall on its face. Holy ****, that controller looks horrible to me. That isn't a joke? Seriously? All the different colors, I guess probably not.

OMG, they'd better have a different controller available. You can look at that thing and realize it'll be f'n annoying to use. Can you seriously imagine trying to play Punch Out with that thing? Most likely the 2 buttons at the bottom would be the punch buttons. And the control to move is at the top.

I'm going to knock it before I try it. Clearly its stupid. I guess Mad Catz and other 3rd Party companies got huge erections upon seeing that ****ty controller. It'd be wise to buy stock in whoever owns Mad Catz now.

Comment

Originally posted by masterdirector
      WTF?!

HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

So, I guess Nintendo plans to really fall on its face. Holy ****, that controller looks horrible to me. That isn't a joke? Seriously? All the different colors, I guess probably not.

OMG, they'd better have a different controller available. You can look at that thing and realize it'll be f'n annoying to use. Can you seriously imagine trying to play Punch Out with that thing? Most likely the 2 buttons at the bottom would be the punch buttons. And the control to move is at the top.

I'm going to knock it before I try it. Clearly its stupid. I guess Mad Catz and other 3rd Party companies got huge erections upon seeing that ****ty controller. It'd be wise to buy stock in whoever owns Mad Catz now.
      you obviously havent read the potential in the control pad, if you did you wouldnt be sayin stupid stuff about it, regarding playing on it, the revolution control pad actually makes you in control of the person, thats the reason why there is fewer buttons, you if your playing punch out for example, your in total control of the boxer, instead of pressing different buttons on a normal control pad, because of nintendos sensors, you could just for example press a button but move the pad in a left or right direction to swing a punch, far easier then pressing 4 or 5 buttons to do combos and stuff,

i was just like you, i was skeptical, when i saw it i laughed and was thinking what are nintendo doin, but then unlike you i read up on it and fully understand the reason behind it.

go to www.ign.com and read up on it, then youll see how stupid you sound. never judge a book by its cover.

Comment

I read it too now. Still think it won't work that great. Either you'd have to press and hold a button, then move the controller, then press whatever action button(s). That'd be a pain in the ass. Or it automatically moves when you move the controller, which would be a major pain in the ass b/c a slight move could **** you up.

If the controller works well and I actually like it, I'll gladly admit it. But, it looks stupid to me. I wasn't at all impressed with what I read. And I predict it'll hurt it rather than help it [the Nintendo Revolution].

Comment

The controller flips horiztonally, it is one of those things you have to try before you can knock it. Like I said earlier, it could be great or be horrible nothing in between...The only true way to know a real opinion is if you actually try it....I am a bit skeptical as a lot of 3rd parties may **** on Nintendo and not want to make games designed for it but it is revolutionary in a sense...But it looks to me like a glorified light gun ....I bet it will kick ass, but I can see fast paced games being a *****.

Id also like to make a comment that Miyamoto stated that the controller seen is BETA and changes would be made before the release.

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
            The controller flips horiztonally, it is one of those things you have to try before you can knock it. Like I said earlier, it could be great or be horrible nothing in between...The only true way to know a real opinion is if you actually try it....I am a bit skeptical as a lot of 3rd parties may **** on Nintendo and not want to make games designed for it but it is revolutionary in a sense...But it looks to me like a glorified light gun ....I bet it will kick ass, but I can see fast paced games being a *****.

Id also like to make a comment that Miyamoto stated that the controller seen is BETA and changes would be made before the release.
            about third party and peolpe who like normal controllers read this
            http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html
            its a real controller also.

Comment

Working...
            X