No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares: Me and Donaire Fighting Can Save Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares: Me and Donaire Fighting Can Save Boxing

Two division world champion Abner Mares had a tremendous 2012 which was capped off with a thrilling win over highly regarded challenger Anselmo Moreno.

The city of Hawaiian Gardens celebrated the win on Sunday with a party in his honor.

At the event was his stablemate Oscar Valdez along with members of the community who shared the special day with Mares. We caught up with him as he posed for the camera with well wishers:
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mares has done all he can to earn this fight, and he is openly asking for it. I'd like to hear Donaire push hard for it publically too (once he dispatches of Jorge Arce.)

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Mares has done all he can to earn this fight, and he is openly asking for it. I'd like to hear Donaire push hard for it publically too (once he dispatches of Jorge Arce.)
      I agree. I really applaud Mares, because his competition has been stiff, and he wants to continue to prove himself against the very best - and call out the promoters for things they are doing which is ruining boxing.
      One of the big problems wit boxing now is that half the fights that should get made dont bc of the ridiculous TR-GB feud. The media talks about, but they basically accept it instead of talking about just how ridiculous and absurd it is.

Comment

Originally posted by rasdun View Post
        The media talks about, but they basically accept it instead of talking about just how ridiculous and absurd it is.
        So true. Everywhere Arum, DuBoef, De La Hoya, Schaefer et al. go they should be hit with this question. What the fu*k is their excuse for what they're doing?

I suppose boxing can be a tough gig for journalists, because there are a much smaller number of big players compared to other sports, and if they have an issue with you then you're going to have a bad time.

The real power to do something about it lies with HBO and Showtime, but they're as wrapped up in the politics of it as as everyone else.

Comment

Lmaooooo only true boxing have any idea who either guy is. I would like to see the fight but "save boxing" get the f**k out of here !!!!

Comment

Boxing doesn't need saving, but this would still be a good fight.... I guess Mares just needs to pull a JMM to get the fight done cause TR refuses to do co-promotions

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
              Lmaooooo only true boxing have any idea who either guy is. I would like to see the fight but "save boxing" get the f**k out of here !!!!
              If you read the article you'd see he meant it in the context of the Top Rank - Golden Boy feud being ended.

Comment

Donaire better wear a cup of steel

Comment

I don't care who promotes this fight just make it happen.

Comment

The only thing u shld worry about Maria is Donaires left hook since you like to exchange so much ! The flash isn't Moreno he is gna light ur ass up and ur dirty tactics aren't gna work against him! Donaires by ok in 6 Todd!

Comment

Working...
                    X