Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN: Canelo-Jacobs Fight Watched By 1.2 Million Worldwide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DAZN: Canelo-Jacobs Fight Watched By 1.2 Million Worldwide

DAZN doesn't divulge its subscription numbers, but the emerging streaming service deemed the Canelo Alvarez-Daniel Jacobs fight a success Wednesday as best it could. A press release issued Wednesday afternoon by DAZN revealed that more than 1.2 million viewers watched the Alvarez-Jacobs bout live Saturday night from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. That figure includes subscribers from the eight markets in which DAZN is available the United States, Austria, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain and Switzerland.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-08-2019, 03:22 PM.

Ahaha espn pulls in about the same on their Friday night cards where is that 4 million subscribers at 🤔

Comment

Couple of thoughts:

1. excellent for DAZN and the sport.

2. too bad so many issues but I am sure they will get all that worked out by the next big fight.

3. If they have 600k stream from the US, what % of DAZN subscribers were watching the fight? They have been reports that they are "approaching 1 million" so I am wondering if this is how many they have sold.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        Ahaha espn pulls in about the same on their Friday night cards where is that 4 million subscribers at 🤔
        I mean are we comparing Canelo to whatever fights TR puts on ESPN?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Couple of thoughts:

1. excellent for DAZN and the sport.

2. too bad so many issues but I am sure they will get all that worked out by the next big fight.

3. If they have 600k stream from the US, what % of DAZN subscribers were watching the fight? They have been reports that they are "approaching 1 million" so I am wondering if this is how many they have sold.
          I'm guessing quite a few purchased just for the fight. Just a guess, so let's say out of the 600,000 US viewers, more than half of those purchased for the fight. As for the rest? I bet a good portion of them watched the fight.

Now let's see how many of the say 300-350k that got DAZN just for the fight stay long term.

Comment

Over a million worldwide is good. I'd also be interested to know what percent of the US DAZN subscribers watched the fight. Must be around 80 or 90% right?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              I'm guessing quite a few purchased just for the fight. Just a guess, so let's say out of the 600,000 US viewers, more than half of those purchased for the fight. As for the rest? I bet a good portion of them watched the fight.

Now let's see how many of the say 300-350k that got DAZN just for the fight stay long term.
              Great numbers, but this is the big part. Since the AJ fight is within the same month, it will be interesting to see the numbers for their next "big fight" after AJ-Ruiz... which is..? Canelo/GGG3?

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                Over a million worldwide is good. I'd also be interested to know what percent of the US DAZN subscribers watched the fight. Must be around 80 or 90% right?
                How many of the 600k do you think got DAZN for the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  How many of the 600k do you think got DAZN for the fight?
                  Probably more than half. Idk 60%?

Comment

Awesome. Personally, I watched it the day after.

Comment

Working...
                    X