No announcement yet.

Please....Stop Rewriting History Rebuttal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Mosley was calling out Floyd at 135 and Floyd refused. Then, when Mosley asked Floyd for a one month extension to make a fight so his tooth could heal, Floyd refused--and to add insult to the matter tried to spin it in such a way as to say Shane ducked him because of a toothache. Typical Floyd. This is why Manny went on and fought him with an injured shoulder. He knew he would get the Mosley treatment if he asked to post-pone the fight and then there would be no fight.
    Just like the TS, this poster is a Mayweather hater. That is fine, but don't lie.

He knows this. If you catch him lying he will then come at you with coded language suggesting you are defending Floyd because he is black. Then when you call him out for that he will put you on ignore.

Dougie is no Floyd fan so you know it was hard for him to actually tell someone Floyd didn't duck.

https://www.******.com/121119-dougie...ather-mailbag/

I didn’t breeze by anything. That claim that Mosley ducked Mayweather when they were lightweights is bogus. I covered both guys when they won their world titles — and back then (in 1998 and 1999) I was close to BOTH camps — and I can tell you that a fight between the two was NEVER seriously discussed or negotiated between Mayweather’s promoter Bob Arum and Mosley’s promoter Cedric Kushner.

When Mayweather won his 130-pound title in ’98, hardcore fans began talking about the prospect of Mayweather and Mosley fighting at 135 pounds. What really sparked the discussion was a split among the boxing press as to who deserved to be the Fighter of the Year for 1998. THE RING went with Mayweather, who beat Hernandez for the title and defended it against Angel Manfred (TKO 2). The Boxing Writers Association of America went with Mosley, who defended his lightweight title five times, all by stoppage (including the likes of John-John Molina and James Leija). So from that point (in early ’99) it was natural for the boxing media and the fans to debate who would win if they fought (and for the record, I was leaning towards Mayweather), however, there were NO serious discussions about this fight.
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 03-27-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        PBF/Shane is the fight everybody wants to see...no more pbf excuses for avoiding fighting the ww champ....that is all
        How is it that you're an idiot then and an idiot now 10 years later??

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          I'm not ashamed to admit I am a fan of the following :-

Juan Manuel Marquez
          Rafael Marquez
          Felix Trinidad
          Vasyl Lomachenko
          Terence Crawford
          Juan Francisco Estrada
          Kostya Tszyu
          Joe Calzaghe

Those are fighters I've paid to see multiple times (well, Tszyu once only) and even traveled to see. So not a "fan boy", probably more of a real fan than most. I was a big fan of James Toney, Ricardo Lopez, and Mark Johnson too but unfortunately was a little too young to go see them fight live.

Why would me saying Mosley wasn't anywhere near his best in 2010 pertain to any of those fighters?

You are one of the biggest fanboys on the forum so ironic you of all people pointing the finger.
          it pertains to making floyd look weaker...who you dislike...its not rocket science chris

btw you said floyd took less to fight baldomir...but he didnt...so you lied! you are a liar!

see what i did there? lol@you...lucky for you im not that petty

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            it pertains to making floyd look weaker...who you dislike...its not rocket science chris

btw you said floyd took less to fight baldomir...but he didnt...so you lied! you are a liar!

see what i did there? lol@you...lucky for you im not that petty
            I don't think the Baldo purse was confirmed. I remember it being about the same or less. He also said "because Margarito had too many losses", when the last I checked 9 losses is a larger number of losses than 5 based on 9 being a larger number than 5.

It's not a fabrication when it's a fact. Mosley was nowhere near his best. Fanboy is a term more accurately used for what you are doing and trying to paint that Mosley was basically still at his peak. I think that much is obvious when you see the consistent levels of his performance in the late 90's/early 00's vs. the version that would look flat and clinch his way through fights and got dominated a few times. He was something like a 4-1 underdog vs. Margarito and wasn't sniffing pound for pound lists in years prior to that one fight which was good don't get me wrong but didn't make up for the last 7 or 8 years of uneven performances.

Comment

djtmal

Why don't you respond to this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                I don't think the Baldo purse was confirmed. I remember it being about the same or less. He also said "because Margarito had too many losses", when the last I checked 9 losses is a larger number of losses than 5 based on 9 being a larger number than 5.

It's not a fabrication when it's a fact. Mosley was nowhere near his best. Fanboy is a term more accurately used for what you are doing and trying to paint that Mosley was basically still at his peak. I think that much is obvious when you see the consistent levels of his performance in the late 90's/early 00's vs. the version that would look flat and clinch his way through fights and got dominated a few times. He was something like a 4-1 underdog vs. Margarito and wasn't sniffing pound for pound lists in years prior to that one fight which was good don't get me wrong but didn't make up for the last 7 or 8 years of uneven performances.

he fought baldomir and made a dollar more because baldomir had the belt that he was gonna fight zab for

no one is trying to paint mosley at his peak...thats your narrative youve created.....but to act like he was trash is what you want us to believe....like he was no threat....he was seen as such a threat that roach wanted him nowhere near pac until floyd whooped

keep on keepin on undercover fanboy

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  he fought baldomir and made a dollar more because baldomir had the belt that he was gonna fight zab for

no one is trying to paint mosley at his peak...thats your narrative youve created.....but to act like he was trash is what you want us to believe....like he was no threat....he was seen as such a threat that roach wanted him nowhere near pac until floyd whooped

keep on keepin on undercover fanboy
                  I'm not trying to make him look less of a threat. I don't need to and I'm not trying to make him look trash. He'd lost 5 of the 6 bouts against A level opponents (a controversial bout many believed he'd lost to De La Hoya in fight II) since De La Hoya I on June 17th, 2000. His performances were all over the place and at age 38 and with 16 months off he wasn't a top fighter anymore regardless of what Roach felt. Roach has said incredibly stupid things before in case you are unfamiliar with his history. Mosley was good, but he was many years and many fights past his peak. Almost a decade in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    djtmal

Why don't you respond to this thread?
                    respond to what?

to why floyd boys find it hard to believe that anybody gives him much credit for beating a damn near 40 year old, raked through the coals shane?

its not high on my list of priorities right now...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Mosley was calling out Floyd at 135 and Floyd refused. Then, when Mosley asked Floyd for a one month extension to make a fight so his tooth could heal, Floyd refused--and to add insult to the matter tried to spin it in such a way as to say Shane ducked him because of a toothache. Typical Floyd. This is why Manny went on and fought him with an injured shoulder. He knew he would get the Mosley treatment if he asked to post-pone the fight and then there would be no fight.
                      Absolute bullshlt.

The fight that Mosley made up the toothache excuse was July 15th, 2006.

Mayweather was headlining a card in November 2006 and wanted Mosley to be the opponent.

QUOTATIONS FROM BOTH OF THEM CONFIRM THIS.

Mosley:

Yeah. I got head butted in that fight that and my tooth was loose that night. They asked me to fight Mayweather and I said, “Give me an extra month, and I’ll fight him. He could go and fight Oscar because that’s more money.

They wanted to do it in like November or December, and I said, “Give me a month and we’ll do it in January or February.”
                      He had no time to prepare from July 2016 and be ready for November 2016???? Oh that's right, his tooth doe. He had three and a half months to prepare!

And he said he would understand if the next fight was against De La Hoya. Well....the next fight was against...De La Hoya!

He states clearly in the video that he knew Mayweather was headlining a card in November. Even Larry Merchant tells him that denying the fight in November would mean he would have to take a back seat to De La Hoya. See for yourself.

Also makes it clear that the toothache was an excuse because even before the fight he stated that he wouldn't fight Mayweather that year. 3.5 months not long enough???? Give me a break.

Mayweather, July 2006:

De La Hoya has vowed not to fight again until at least 2007, making Mosley the next logical opponent for Mayweather. But a Mosley-Mayweather match is not guaranteed, just because fans may want to see it.

Mosley wants to wait until next year; Mayweather wants to fight in November. Even if they agree on a date, a weight and a location, the financial terms could be even harder to resolve.

Mayweather saw no reason why a fight against Mosley should not materialize.

"He has earned the right to fight me," Mayweather said. "Mosley's been ducking me for 10 years now. I've been chasing Shane Mosley forever. I can't keep chasing the guy. I just want to beat the best fighters out there. People talk about me fighting Antonio Margarito next. Antonio Margarito is not a household name. It's about business. We need guys who can generate pay-per-view numbers.

"I got to talk to Jin, she runs the show," said Mayweather, referring to Mosley's wife. "We can make the fight happen. She's the boss of their household. I'm the boss of my household."
                      https://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/17/s...ayweather.html

Comment

Working...
                      X