Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Crawford-Spence Will Be Biggest Fight in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Crawford-Spence Will Be Biggest Fight in Boxing

Former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. believes a welterweight showdown between Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs) vs. Errol Spence (23-0, 20 KOs) will eventually become the biggest fight in the sport. From the moment Crawford announced his move to 147-pounds, fans began clamoring to see him and Spence in the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's a tough fight but it has to marinade. This fight needs building up so it can become PPV worthy. Bob Arum needs Crawford to fight Pacquiao and knock him out so people can know who he is and Spence needs someone with a cross over appeal but sadly that person retired.

Comment

it's vastly premature to talk about crawford spents crawford will have to beat horn 1st and that's not to likely after crawford pulling out with a fake hand "injury"

Comment

Garcia vs Loma is the megafight IMO.

Comment

For fight fans? Yes but that is just about it. Casuals barely know these guys.

I wonder what mega event will happen in the lives of these fighters that will make this fight the biggest in boxing. As it stands, this fight won't even do well on PPV right now, I'm guessing 150k.

No Floyd, it will take a couple of years and some amazing events for that to be the biggest fight in boxing.

Same goes for Loma Garcia.

Comment

If I had to choose only one fight to pay $70 for, and the choices were: Canelo vs. GGG II, Wilder vs. Joshua, Loma vs. Garcia, or Spence Jr. vs. Crawford, I would choose Spence Jr. vs. Crawford! That fight has everything, athleticism, ring IQ, fast hands, and power punches (upstairs and downstairs)! This should be a PPV fight in spring or summer of 2019!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
              That's a tough fight but it has to marinade. This fight needs building up so it can become PPV worthy. Bob Arum needs Crawford to fight Pacquiao and knock him out so people can know who he is and Spence needs someone with a cross over appeal but sadly that person retired.
              While Crawford is knocking out Pacquiao, hopefully Spence Jr. is knocking out Keith Thurman!

Comment

I said that almost 18 months ago on this board.

Comment

If built nicely then yep I totally agree. There isn’t actually one fight that stands out at the moment as big in boxing.

Comment

They'll both need signature wins at WW. I do agree their fight will be bigger than either one facing Thurman. The Joshua/Wilder started to fizzle after Joshua/Parker. I don't think Canelo/Golovkin II will have the same hype it once did.

Comment

Working...
                    X