Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Roberto Duran knockout a horse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Roberto Duran knockout a horse?

Why did he do it? I never understood the story. Was it just for shits and giggles?

The horse probably made a joke about dick sizes, and pissed Duran off.

Comment

He was a thug

Comment

I don't think it would be easy to knock a horse out. I don't know if I actually believe that story.

Comment

I read his autobiography a long as time ago, and I'm pretty sure he was pissed with his friends, they bet he couldn't hit so hard as to knock out a horse. He didn't knock the horse unconscious, he had it "out on its feet" stumbling style. Pretty slack really.. could be remembering wrong. But I'm really sure that was the story

Comment

I don't believe it. Horses have huge heads and necks...not possible. I do know that if you're not careful when walking behind them they may land a wicked kick on you for no reason...and I've seen this happen a few times and people hitting them back. I can image that type of scenario having happened to him minus the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Why did he do it? I never understood the story. Was it just for shits and giggles?
              December 3, 1989|By ALAN GOLDSTEIN, Baltimore Sun

"As a youth, surviving by his wits in the ghetto of Panama City, Duran reportedly knocked down a horse with a single punch to the ribs to win a $10 bet and two bottles of wine"

The cat story is better imo.

"According to Alex Wallau, Once in an interview with Duran down in Panama, he was asked what he did for fun when growing up.

Duran apparently shrugged his shoulders, and then a cat walked by. Duran picked the cat up by the tail, swung it over his head and threw it in the air into a wall.

Wallau: " I don't know if the cat was dead or alive after that, becuase it fell beind a pile of garbage. NOBODY at any level would ever consider doing something like that around the media. But Duran didn't care abut anything."

Last edited by Mikhnienko; 10-01-2017, 02:55 AM.

Comment

It wasn't true

Comment

Cuz Duran is a muthafuuckin G.

Prime Duran would make most boxers today piss there pants.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X