• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I have learned this weekend on boxingscene

1. Roman Gonzalez is not a top 5 P4P fighter
    2. Facial damage is a scoring criteria
    3. Golovkin can't be hit unless he chooses to let his opponent do so

Yeah that precedent was set when Mayweather let Maidana beat him up "to give the fans entertainment", that's what his fans said at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      Yeah that precedent was set when Mayweather let Maidana beat him up "to give the fans entertainment", that's what his fans said at least.
      ^ This

I think GGG clearly took his foot off the gas after hurting Brook in the first round. He was getting hit way too much for my liking, I hate that he seems to just lose concentration sometimes and stops giving a crap about defense.

Comment

Little G is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          I don't know what fight you are referring to. But, why can't facial damage be used to score fights? I would say it shows who lands the heavier shots. A fighter's activity alone isn't representative of what is actually playing out in a fight. A fighter maybe have less output, but may be damaging a fighter with those shots. While the other fighter is throwing a lot, missing, or not damaging his opponent. Sometimes you can outwork your opponent, but sometimes the damage you sustain should also be considered.

I remember that 3rd Marquez-Vazquez fight. Marquez being upset that he lost the fight, saying during the post fight interview, "I won the fight, look at his face."

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
            Little G is overrated
            People like this guy are dumb that what we learn on this site

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              If you're thinking that Brook was up - then it's irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                People like this guy are dumb that what we learn on this site
                I'm dumb because Glolovkin get's hit a lot, can't fight going backwards and depends on his power against smaller opponents?

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                  I'm dumb because Glolovkin get's hit a lot, can't fight going backwards and depends on his power against smaller opponents?
                  What did you want him to do, pitty pat and run for 12 rounds?

Golovkin promised "big drama show" and that's what he delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
                    I don't know what fight you are referring to. But, why can't facial damage be used to score fights? I would say it shows who lands the heavier shots. A fighter's activity alone isn't representative of what is actually playing out in a fight. A fighter maybe have less output, but may be damaging a fighter with those shots. While the other fighter is throwing a lot, missing, or not damaging his opponent. Sometimes you can outwork your opponent, but sometimes the damage you sustain should also be considered.

I remember that 3rd Marquez-Vazquez fight. Marquez being upset that he lost the fight, saying during the post fight interview, "I won the fight, look at his face."

Because its only a very small indicator and would likely favour the headhunter or/& bigger puncher and darker skinned fighter.
                    Some guys cut, swell and mark up very easy whilst some can absorb hundreds among of hundreds of shots from big punchers and come out with barely a mark on them. How often do you see a Ghanaian or Jamaican fighter with any sort of facial damage? Very rarely I bet.

Facial damage only really usually shows from say the nose up and often facial damage doesn't show up instantly. One fighter could appear unmarked the next day his face a swollen, marked up mess then what do you reverse the initial decision?

Also a fighter with a lot of scar tissue & soft skin like say Nate or Nick Diaz, Cotto is going to have a very hard time winning a decision if its going to be scored based on facial damage.

A fighter could land literally one shot and leave someones face a bloodied mess then go on to get absolutely battered for the duration yet finish without a mark on them.
                    Last edited by dan_cov; 09-11-2016, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X