No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez Wins 2012 Fighter the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
    Don't meantion donaire name in same sentence as jmm it's insulting. Donaire has no claim to being fight of the year maybe this year will be donair year
    Anyone can be mentioned as fighter of the year if they are deserving. I never said that Donaire is as good or as great as JMM, you don't seem to understand the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      first of all , marquez won the ring foty , not the the real FOTY..second , guerrero's win over berto and aydin aint better than nonito's wins over 4 champs or former champs..third , mares aint even in the conversation for foty , not even close.. if moreno was a 122 fighter and mares had about 3 more decent wins , he prolly would've been a candidate...
      Couldn't care less about the real award, last time I checked, this thread was about who won FOTY for The Ring; so yeah, Marquez got that. I'd take Guerrero's year over Donaire's every time if it panned out the way it did in '12. Nobody in the world was picking any of those guys to give Donaire any problems except for diehard-Donaire fans. Actual fans of the sport wanted Mares, Moreno, or Rigo for Donaire yet he side-stepped every last one of them in order to fight the likes of who? Marquez, Guerrero, and Mares each had a better, more productive year than Donaire.

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez 2012 Fighter of the year!!!

Donaire was a close second. The Arce and Vazquez fight's killed it for him. Nishioka was a decent win but let's face it, Nishi was 36 years old and coming off a year lay-off hardly impressive. Mathebula was a decent win too but nobody knew who the hell he was before Donaire fought him, not even hardcore fans, all his fights were in Africa i'm sure he got tough competition over there.

Comment

The Ring has gone to ****s, I ain't subscribing to them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
            The Ring has gone to ****s, I ain't subscribing to them anymore.
            Thats an understatement... Its gone to sewer in a turd basket. It use to mean something.

Comment

Anyone who thinks Marquez deserves it is delusional. Come on, Fedchenko and a great fighter? Why did Manny not win this when he KO'ed Barrera back in 03?

I still think that is just a cover and the FOTY is somebody else. Marquez is not even close second to the FOTY candidates. If this isn't true, then you guys supposed to be "boxing fans" will be exposed.

Comment

He put Pacquiao to sleep.
                Thats some david and goliath **** right there.
                if donaire ever steps up to rigondeaux, let me know. in the meantime, im going to take a nap.

Comment

Donaire should get an award for taking part in 24/7 random drug testing

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                    Anyone who thinks Marquez deserves it is delusional. Come on, Fedchenko and a great fighter? Why did Manny not win this when he KO'ed Barrera back in 03?

I still think that is just a cover and the FOTY is somebody else. Marquez is not even close second to the FOTY candidates. If this isn't true, then you guys supposed to be "boxing fans" will be exposed.
                    2 months later and you stupid Pacfarts are still crying. hahaha hahaha. Cry me a phucking river, Chang.

Long live Master Marquez. Fighter of The Year And Fighter of The Decade (he has the belt to prove it). Boo yah!

Comment

• Found this quote very interesting:

"Let’s face it, there aren’t many bona-fide stars with crossover name recognition who campaign below featherweight. (That’s the reason THE RING went with Marquez as Fighter of the Year for 2012 instead of Donaire. JMM is an established legend who knocked out a superstar. Personally, I agree with the BWAA’s choice of Donaire as Fighter of the Year.") -Doug Fischer

Comment

Working...
                      X