Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wlad's "weak" chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its hard to say if he has a weak chin or not; anything can happen when 200+ pound men are throwing hands. Emmanuel Steward taught him how to fight tall behind that jab, so his chin doesn't get really tested that often to really know. I personal don't think the competition is all that good to really ever test it either. I don't think your chin changes, you can build up your neck to help, but your chin is your chin

Comment

• Wlads chin is still as shakey as it ever was. (Check out Wach round 5 and Haye round 12.)

He uses a quasi ilegal grab move to prevent fighters from following up on the inside. That grab wouldnt work on Lennox though because Lennox could generate power even while held....

Comment

• You conveniently left out Ross Purity who also Ko'd Vlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          He was knocked down also by Steve Pannell (first time in his career), another concussive puncher.
          I don't think his chin is anywhere near as bad as its made out.

The guys who have hurt him, dropped/stopped him have all been very heavy handed. Sanders hit like a mule! Brewster & Peter could sure crack
          I'd say most was more from fatigue than him having a bad chin.

The first knockdown in the Peter fight wasn't an illegal punch & the second was a push.

I really don't think his chins even bad & it certainly is not as bad as its made out to be.
          Steve Pannell - concussive puncher? Where did you get that from?

Comment

• I don't agree Wlad's chin is that bad, but if it is he must be so amazingly skilled that he wins fights only based on his skills and talent.

If you have a 'weak' chin as majority here claim and still dominate everyone than you are something special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              I don't agree Wlad's chin is that bad, but if it is he must be so amazingly skilled that he wins fights only based on his skills and talent.

If you have a 'weak' chin as majority here claim and still dominate everyone than you are something special.
              He wins fights because his quality of opposition is the rough equivalent of whale vomit. People talk about him being better now than 10 years ago? He's not: His opponents have gotten progressively worse every year. In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

Poet
              Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 01-12-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Just to put it into prospective. People are way too bias because of a few KDs Wlad had, not even KOs.
                Those shots would drop just about any HW (apart from a very few with granite chins).

Wlad was hit by way better shaped Thompson (2008) in approximately the same place where Price was hit without even being stunned (It appears to be much better shot than the one that dropped Price).

I know that we can't take Price's chin as a reference, but just saying how people are making an issue of Wlad's chin way too much. I really don't think there is anything wrong with his chin. It's not great, but it is not bad by any means.

Last edited by Simurgh; 02-25-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• If wlads chin is not bad, then why does he repeatedly clinch and hang on for dear life against opponents who are midgets, fatties or near fortiesomethings compared to him.

This is Wlads method of fighting, pick a weak opponent who isn't interested in winning, jab and run from him whilst scared ****less of being knocked out by accident, clinch repeatedly in a terrified manner when they get near and then finally stop the weak opponent who by then gives up because he doesn't have the skill to hit their opponent who is clearly younger/fitter and/or two size categories above them.

There is a reason for this soap opera - if Wlad picked someone who didn't fit this bill, he's end up having a string of KO losses - Corrie Sanders being the example - Wlad DID pick someone old and fat in his case, but he forgot to ensure that Corrie wasn't faded enough in power and speed.

Now don't get me wrong, Wlad has some skill, moves fairly well for his size good fitness and a fair bit of power due to his overwhelmingly freakish size. These are however not ATG attributes, not one of them qualifies as such. Rather his opponents are always picked to be vastly inferior in all these categories, so he easily ends up winning.
                  Last edited by DreamFighter; 02-25-2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Wlad fought all possible types of fighter. From big giants to small extremely fast fighters, from orthodox to southpaws, from brawlers to well-skilled technical fighters, from young hungry prospects to well experienced fighters... He dominated all styles.

He fought the very best available opponents, dominating them all. They have been great fighters, big threats before they came into ring and been utterly dominated. After that they all became bums and nobodies.

Wlad is definition of excellence and greatness!

Haters gonna hate...

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      Wlad fought all possible types of fighter. From big giants to small extremely fast fighters, from orthodox to southpaws, from brawlers to well-skilled technical fighters, from young hungry prospects to well experienced fighters... He dominated all styles.
                      When answering my post, you ought to be brave enough to quote me. instead of running ****scared and backpeddling and clinching for dear life. Wonder where you learnt that tactic.

They have been great fighters
                      Wlad has never fought a great fighter, (Vitali has fought one) and this is common knowledge. So huge is your lie that your post gets automatic disqualification, if not being migitated by the fact that you infer its not his fault his era is so weak - that IS true.

Haters gonna hate...
                      I don't hate him at all, I am hapy to admire his good attributes. not that it will stop you repeating your old cop out phrase again and again.
                      Last edited by DreamFighter; 02-25-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X