Collapse
No announcement yet.

McDonald's workers on strike in NY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd honestly rather pay an extra pound or in this case dollar for a meal if it meant people weren't on the breadline.

It's ignorant to say things like: 'they should have listened in school.'

That's not necessarily how life works.

These people are easily replaceable but it is commendable that they are making a stand, imo.

Comment

they make 8-9 dollars an hour and want 15 dollars an hour?

that's close to doubling their wages...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        they make 8-9 dollars an hour and want 15 dollars an hour?

that's close to doubling their wages...

if that happens, im getting a second job at McDonalds

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          I'd honestly rather pay an extra pound or in this case dollar for a meal if it meant people weren't on the breadline.

These people are easily replaceable but it is commendable that they are making a stand, imo.
          what about twice the price? at that price you can go and get a better (real) burger.

they're talking about almost doubling the wages...

Comment

Maybe their time would be better utilized turning in apps for a better job?

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              IMO one of the hardest working people ^^^ I've ever met.

Everybody wants everything handed to them in a silver platter, the new generation don't know what it is to sweat for a paycheck...
              I hope they all get fire...the funny **** is these were the same people that when they needed the job they probably begged for it now they think they are irreplaceable.
              Exactly my point. Why hire a bunch of lazy, entitled idiots when you can hire a bunch of fast, hardworking Mexicans? I see it all the time around here now. And honestly, I can't blame the businesses.

Comment

Turn recruitment consultant for a second - how would you ensure a person with no time, and no money could get an accreditation to better their situation?

You can look at it as a 'such as life' outlook and the poor, the jobless, and the hopeless are all necessary factors of a functional society. But it's hard not to have sympathy for these workers and as futile as this gesture is I'd support them.

Comment

How's that ignorant? These people should be accountable for how their lives ended up. At least they have/had jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    what about twice the price? at that price you can go and get a better (real) burger.

they're talking about almost doubling the wages...
                    ****, even today, a meal at a fast food restaurant is damn near the price of a Red Robin burger. Might as well go there and get yourself some bottomless steak fries.

Comment

Turn recruitment consultant for a second - how would you ensure a person with no time, and no money could get an accreditation to better their situation?

You can look at it as a 'such as life' outlook and the poor, the jobless, and the hopeless are all necessary factors of a functional society. But it's hard not to have sympathy for these workers and as futile as this gesture is I'd support them.
                      I don't buy that line because I see it every day. If you're motivated enough, there's always time. And there's always resources to assist in going back to school. No one's saying you have to go to a University at 10's of thousands a year. There are plenty of trade schools, apprenticeship programs (they PAY YOU while you're learning the job), certification classes, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X