No announcement yet.

Post your internet speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
    Judged by this thread, UK seems to have superior internet infrastructure then the US.

I mean 18-25mbps is what I get on my phone via wireless and some of the US based guys here are posting such speeds, which I assume are tested at the main home pc/laptop.

That should be a given. A small geographical footprint is much much cheaper to wire up than a massively large one.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      That should be a given. A small geographical footprint is much much cheaper to wire up than a massively large one.
      True say. Never thought about that. I learnt something today.

Comment

Dude, your 'test' gave an answer of 4mb. Speed test says 103mb. I have a 100 mb line and a direct cable connection, so which do you think is off?
        i find the link i posted more accurate...

i use the dual express test to check. im under a few kbps of what i pay for. with speedtest.net the results differs alot whenever i check and re check the results.

Comment

Originally posted by rottentothecore View Post

i use the dual express test to check. im under a few kbps of what i pay for. with speedtest.net the results differs alot whenever i check and re check the results.
          Yeah but the actual testing site could be far away for most. They only have two testing sites. East Coast and West Coast. A tester could be a large number of hops away from either, slowing their test results.

Comment

Originally posted by rottentothecore View Post

nah. speedtest gives me roughly the same result every single time.

the only time it differs significantly is if i choose a different server and in some cases a different browser.

Comment

Is it true that if you wrap a 2nd Ethernet cable around the first, you can increase your internet speed?

Comment

any tech dudes want to let me know the answer?

Comment

That's the best speed I've ever got!

Comment

Is it true that if you wrap a 2nd Ethernet cable around the first, you can increase your internet speed?
                    LOL someones been pulling your leg.

Comment

Never tried it - but was curious about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X