Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should Victor Ortiz do with his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victor Ortiz as a Rapper > Danny Garcia as a rapper

Comment

I think that if Victor Ortiz is so concerned about his health then perhaps he should just retire. I mean it doesn't appear that he has that kind of mental make up or warrior spirit for this particular type of field. He left two victories on the table for crying out loud in Maidana and Lopez. They didn't take them away from him either; He just gave them away because he didn't want them. Moreover, I agree, it's a very hazardous occupation, in which one can be very seriously injured; However, it is his duty as a professional prizefighter and he owes it too himself, his fans but most of all the sport of boxing to make the very necessary sacrifices and risks in order to be successful and remembered as the very best he could be. Yet, he just so happens to not be one of them. In my opinion, his ring conduct dishonors the sport.

Comment

Well he consistantly gets on Saturday night HBO and Showtime cards, and earns several hundred thousands per bout now. I think he should continue to be a boxer. Only 25 years old and has already earned over $3 million(maybe $4 million?) I definitely think he made the right career choice for him.

Comment

I also agree with people posting that he should consider switching trainers. He has shown since AT LEAST the Maidana fight that he is a sucker for a right hand. By far his biggest flaw, technically speaking, as a boxer. Get a new trainer, exercise the Lopez rematch clause(he has already stated he will do so). If he wins the Lopez rematch, he will be right back in the mix for a significant fight on HBO/Showtime making significant money.

Comment

Ortiz would still get lots of Money fighting on Showtime or HBO still will sell tickets and make good Money say what you want about him but he never been in a bad fight.

just look how many threads being made about this guy all you suckers will look forward to see Ortiz vs Lopez II and love it

Comment

Stop Lopez in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
                he can dish out punishment but handle receiving it

did you see the berto fight?
                i know you did, because you're a boxing fan, but i'm asking the question to outline a point

ortiz jaw was broken. leading up to that he was taking big shots and behaving like a fighter.

not every boxer is going to be willing to fight through a broken jaw. guys who can get through that and win are special, even among boxers.

ortiz is cut out for boxing. he's just nowhere near the great boxer he was made out to be when he was coming up. he's not cut from that cloth

ortiz' biggest problems are flaws in his boxing. for a guy with such a heavy amateur pedigree, he is/was a lacking boxer. he has trouble getting out of the way of a right hand. he cant carry a round with boxing. he's never had a jab. he doesnt move his head well or turn his body. he's wide open.

Comment

He's fine, he just need rest and a rematch

Comment

Working...
                  X