Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White to fire Anderson Silva if he doesn't move fight to Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Dana White to fire Anderson Silva if he doesn't move fight to Vegas

This is all from @FrontRowBrian and his sources are almost always legit.

"Major story breaking in Atlanta. Anderson Silva has told Dana White he NOT fight Chael Sonnen unless it's in Brazil."

"UFC147 presser in Rio on 4 Tues. Anderson will be present. Dana will announce date change to Vegas. Dana will fire AS if he declines fight"

"Should Anderson be fired, Sonnen v. @Bisping II is the back up plan for July 7 for the belt"

"Uncle Dana is beyond frustrated with Anderson. Let's see if he can convince Anderson to fight in Vegas. Dana playing hardball"

definitely seems like uncle fester/dana has been losing it lately

Comment

Dana White ‏ @danawhite

Retweet
      Favorite
      · Open

And whatever jackass said Anderson silva would be stripped of his title is a liar. He is fighting Chael and there has been no issue at all!!
      https://twitter.com/#!/danawhite

Comment

Dana White ‏ @danawhite

Retweet
        Favorite
        · Open

And whatever jackass said Anderson silva would be stripped of his title is a liar. He is fighting Chael and there has been no issue at all!!
        https://twitter.com/#!/danawhite

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post

"Major story breaking in Atlanta. Anderson Silva has told Dana White he NOT fight Chael Sonnen unless it's in Brazil."

"UFC147 presser in Rio on 4 Tues. Anderson will be present. Dana will announce date change to Vegas. Dana will fire AS if he declines fight"

"Should Anderson be fired, Sonnen v. @Bisping II is the back up plan for July 7 for the belt"

"Uncle Dana is beyond frustrated with Anderson. Let's see if he can convince Anderson to fight in Vegas. Dana playing hardball"

Comment

That makes sense. Fire the best fighter in the sport

I think FRB has some less then solid sources sometimes or has some troll tendencies in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post

wtf is this? they hype up a stadium fight between Sonnen and Silva for months and now they just wanna cancel that ****? Obviously Silva is gonna be mentally shocked from that. You can't just change your mindset on a dime.

I'm guessing Dana is looking out for Sonnen's saftey but lets be real, Sonnen deserves what he gets cuz he's been mouthing off like a ***** about Brazil. Chael was even given a chance to back out of the hostility he was gonna get in Brazil, and all he did was add on to it during the Q&A.

Why cancel the fight because of that? If anything, Sonnen should be the one replaced even if that is the fight everyone wants to see.

Comment

No idea if it's true or not, but I was reading a few days ago that the event would've happened around the same time as a major UN meeting in the city, which would've affected travel and hotel arrangements.

Someone was saying that the UN may not be keen on having Rio put on a major cage fighting event while they're in town talking endlessly about world peace and non-violence and so maybe someone put pressure on some influential Brazilian politicians or something.

Even if all of that is true though I don't see why they wouldn't just postpone it by a week or two.

Comment

**** that you amped up a fight in brazil, in this stadium... now u wanna just change it to vegas, get outta here....

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    No idea if it's true or not, but I was reading a few days ago that the event would've happened around the same time as a major UN meeting in the city, which would've affected travel and hotel arrangements.

Someone was saying that the UN may not be keen on having Rio put on a major cage fighting event while they're in town talking endlessly about world peace and non-violence and so maybe someone put pressure on some influential Brazilian politicians or something.

Even if all of that is true though I don't see why they wouldn't just postpone it by a week or two.
                    This is what I've seen also about the UN stuff.

I'm assuming booking a giant ass stadium like this one could be an issue even for the UFC. I'd assume its in much demand + there is the normal issues with the UFC making dates they need to make too so its probably not easy just to flip it to a week earlier or later.

Comment

Working...
                    X