No announcement yet.

Pacquiao calls Floyd's bluff, takes doping test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao calls Floyd's bluff, takes doping test

i know this test won't satisfy his critics, but i'm sharing the article, nonetheless:

Link:
    http://www.gmanews.tv/story/180520/p...es-doping-test

Boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao was quick to comply with the urine test ordered by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) after undergoing the procedure Wednesday in General Santos City before World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)-accredited doctor Alex Pineda.

Pineda, who is also associated with the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC), conducted the test at around mid-afternoon and then, promptly returned back to Manila later in the day bringing with him Pacquiao’s urine sample.

Two samples labeled “A" and “B" and totaling 100 ml. where taken by Pineda and will be sent to Thailand, Malaysia or China for further analysis.

“We’re bringing the samples to this country because we don’t have a WADA-accredited testing here," said Pineda.

On Tuesday, the Nevada commission under chairman Pat Lundvall ordered both Pacquiao and American Floyd Mayweather Jr. to submit themselves to urine tests within 48 hours in an effort to save their proposed March 13 mega-welterweight fight owing to disagreements on drug testing procedures.

Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada-based commission, said possible fines or suspension will be meted on either fighter in the event they failed to comply with the requirements.

“I don’t know if this will help the chances of the fight happening. But will all this talk of drug tests, let’s actually do one," Kizer said.

The Mayweather camp has yet to announce when the flamboyant boxing superstar will undergo the same test.

According to Pineda, results of the tests will either be sent to his office or to the Games and Amusements Board under chairman Eric Buhain.

It was Buhain who requested Pineda to go to General Santos City and conduct the test.

Pacquiao quickly took the test as his family is set to celebrate the birthday of his eldest daughter, Mary Divine Grace. – GMANews.TV
    Yes, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what he's blabbering about
    75.00%
    No, BPP got it wrong and p4p-champ is a genius
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

who gives a ****? its not a blood test and pac is not in training??

Comment

Well it is random in a sense.
      Plus it may signal a willingness in his part to do any test as long as its the NSAC, not the USADA or Money May telling him to do it. i hope the NSAC does make him test further.

Comment

It's not even random. They were informed about it along with the media and have to go to a Labcorp facility to take it. When the USADA does it I believe they show up at your spot unannounced to get the sample.

Comment

Originally posted by lyricalether View Post
          who gives a ****? its not a blood test and pac is not in training??
          That's right. GAYWEATHER is in training right now for a possible fight with Matthew Hatton. Do you reckon Void will take the urine test?

This is quite unannounced, so Floyd might be caught off guard here. Floyd will DUCK the test.

Comment

Originally posted by alb829 View Post
            It's not even random. They were informed about it along with the media and have to go to a Labcorp facility to take it. When the USADA does it I believe they show up at your spot unannounced to get the sample.
            They were informed, i believe, to do it within 48hours, but before that it was not announced well ahead. we are not talking about an anouncement weeks or months before, nor was he told of a scheduled dated, so while not as sudden as USADA's procedure, it is still random.

Comment

Originally posted by Akinapepemo View Post
              They were informed, i believe, to do it within 48hours, but before that it was not announced well ahead. we are not talking about an anouncement weeks or months before, nor was he told of a scheduled dated, so while not as sudden as USADA's procedure, it is still random.
              Test now is water , you put forward very weak case for big fight troubles , in real court Manny be hanging now with your defense idea

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Test now is water , you put forward very weak case for big fight troubles , in real court Manny be hanging now with your defense idea
                My nose bleeds just trying to make sense of your post. try again.

edit: are you implying that i am trying to defend Pacquiao with this thread? i thought your grammar was bad, your reading comprehension is even worse. think twice about posting in an english forum.
                Last edited by Akinapepemo; 12-30-2009, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alb829 View Post
                  they told him they were coming the other day.

random doesn't have to mean they show up at your door without telling you.

it takes days if not weeks or months for some ped's to clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    english mother****a!

Comment

Working...
                    X