Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how would you define ken norton's career??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how would you define ken norton's career??

he seems to be a top heavyweight very rarely mentioned..if he came along in a differant era would his career had been differant??

Originally posted by larry x View Post
    he seems to be a top heavyweight very rarely mentioned..if he came along in a differant era would his career had been differant??
    Was a great heavyweight who gave ali fits! was part of one of the best heavyweight title fights of all tim against larry holmes and was a wbc champion himself, Norton was a great fighter

Comment

well to ne honest he didnt fight a prime ali but an aging ali..how do you think he wouldve done in 2days heavyweight division??

Comment

he was an average fighter,if he fought in todays era he would not even be in the top 100,he probably would of made the top twenty in the days when burns was champ,burns would of kayoed norton within 5 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo boy
          Todays heavyweight div is completely different, that's why we now have cruiserweight.

If you look at the weight of the ATG heavys, you find that a lot of them would now be cruiserweights.
          Norton was a good sized heavyweight. If David Haye can be considered a top heavy, you better believe Norton would be far more dangerous. Jmo.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Norton was a good sized heavyweight. If David Haye can be considered a top heavy, you better believe Norton would be far more dangerous. Jmo.
            Yeah, I meant earlier than Norton, that's why I deleted it!

I'm too tired fo' this **** man!!

Comment

Norton is one of my fav heavyweights from the 70's. Shame he didn't have a good chin. Got decked by Foreman, but was outboxing him before that. Beat Ali all 3 times in my opinion. And Ali wasn't old in '73!

Comment

that is your opinion but in my opinion he did not even beat ali once,

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
                  that is your opinion but in my opinion he did not even beat ali once,
                  That notion is too ridiculous to even think about.

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
                    he was an average fighter,if he fought in todays era he would not even be in the top 100,he probably would of made the top twenty in the days when burns was champ,burns would of kayoed norton within 5 rounds
                    So, what's with this guy here? Is his gimmick that no fighter from the greatest heavyweight era ever is any good?

Norton was a great heavyweight that if he had come around in the 50's or 80's, either before or after Ali, he may have been dominant.

Comment

Working...
                    X