No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    don't forget that it was also unthinkable that pacquiao would be robbed against bradley until it happened.
    Not really especially after Pacquiao spoke against Gays leading up to that fight lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      don't forget that it was also unthinkable that pacquiao would be robbed against bradley until it happened.
      Pacquiao thought he could get away with fighting half of a round each round and win on the cards. He didn't even look like he wanted to be there.

Comment

• Canela is going to get stopped in the late rounds, he gasses out around the
        8th, Floyd will get him against the ropes and beat the fk out of him until the ref steps in...I'm guessing around the 10th or 11th rnd.

Canela may have a little sugar in the tank :boobies: but not much fuel.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          The first 4 rounds were Floyd rounds clear as day. I don't see how anyone could give Cotto any of these rounds, he really did next to nothing significant in terms of landing punches.

The 5th was competitive but who landed the better punches, Floyd. He out fought Cotto off the ropes in this round.

The 6th was a clear Cotto round. The 7th it seemed Cotto took it off, Floyd definitely won this round. The 8th was another clear Cotto round for me. The 9th was close, it really depends on who's work you favored.

The last 3 were all Mayweather.

118-110 if you gave Floyd the 9th, 117-111 if you didn't. What the judges had was perfect.

It was a tough fight, he made Floyd work, but it wasn't a close fight. Castillo gave Floyd hell the first fight, arguably won the fight, did win it if you ask me. Cotto gave Floyd a tough fight, didn't come close to winning though.
          I'm not making a case for him winning, I know he didn't. I need to rewatch to post my analysis, but I gave him 4 and giving him 5 isn't crazy. I know I gave Cotto one of the first 4 rounds and I'll have to check it out to see which one it was. I'll be back later with my analysis.
          Last edited by El Angel; 08-10-2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• im gonna go see this fight its gonna be great

Comment

• But if he re-hydrates up to 170, theres no real impact to the catchweight of 152, is there? I like Canelo at +230

Comment

• Bradly outpoints Pac; Canelo the same over Money

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                Thats the smartest quote on this board! Canelo at +240 is a Holyfield-Tyson1 waiting to happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Not really especially after Pacquiao spoke against Gays leading up to that fight lol
                  Do u really think the judges were offended by that?

Comment

• I gave Cotto 2 rds the 6th & 8th and you can squeeze him a 3rd probably. As far as Floyd getting robbed that doesn't help Canelo at all or Golden Boy ie look at Tim Bradley. Canelo needs to beat Floyd clean for him to be a next level star or a type of fight that could be 115-113 either way type of fight. I think everybody involved knows that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
                      You cannot be old enough to bet.
                      Larry Merchant comments in the first few rounds of Mayweather-Cotto that Money is tired of being called "Miss Mayweather and wants (in this fight) to show he's hits Mayweather".

If he tries to do with Canelo what he did with Cotto we may be in for a surprise.

Emanual Stward also echoed a similar sentiment, so you in the latex mask, get an education in boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X