Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac and Marquez can fight 5x but no May vs Marquez 2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Because Floyd won every damn round when they fought, and that's when Marquez was even younger. Marquez may have knocked Manny out, but he didn't look as good the majority of the time in that fight as he had in November 2011. Timing was everything though and he landed the two punches that meant something and were enough to win.

No Mayweather-Marquez II, it's just pointless.
    JMM was even younger when he fought Manny before ever fighting Floyd! He didnt KO manny! Plus Manny was winning the 4th fight up until a perfect punch. JMM made changes and any one that knows Boxing should know that the last hing that goes in age is your power! So they made the proper adjustments and game planned and it worked...after 4 fights! Both are counter punchers and styles makes fights. JMM came a long way since he moved up for the first time 2 divisions drinking pee! Id say hed have a counter punchers punching chance!

Comment

Since Marquez is now basically the #2 WW, I wouldn't even care that much if Floyd fought him again.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        JMM was even younger when he fought Manny before ever fighting Floyd! He didnt KO manny! Plus Manny was winning the 4th fight up until a perfect punch. JMM made changes and any one that knows Boxing should know that the last hing that goes in age is your power! So they made the proper adjustments and game planned and it worked...after 4 fights! Both are counter punchers and styles makes fights. JMM came a long way since he moved up for the first time 2 divisions drinking pee! Id say hed have a counter punchers punching chance!
        I was saying Floyd dominated him at an even younger age than he is now, only thing he's done since is put on crazy amounts of muscle. When Floyd beat him, he wasn't man handled and Floyd didn't use his size to muscle Marquez, he out boxed him for 12 rounds in a row.

Same thing would happen again. Marquez is older and slower now than he was in 2009. People seem to forget before Marquez landed the two punches he did land that meant anything, Manny was beating him rather easily and Marquez looked slow and robotic in there.

Comment

Wasn't Marquez asked about a Floyd rematch in his post fight interview and he kinda dodged that question? Or maybe i'm confusing it with something else, but I don't think JMM wants Floyd again. He could call him out and the call out would have merit, but I think he's too much of a warrior to just fight for money. A Mayweather fight makes him more money but he doesn't care if he knows that Mayweather is in a completely different league. He understands and respects that, and he respects himself and his family too much to go out there and embarrass himself against Floyd again.

Comment

Dude, if promoters really wanted to see Pac vs May still they'd do May vs Marq 2 and Pac vs Rios, winners face eachother.

But we wont see it cause promoters killing sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              Since Marquez is now basically the #2 WW, I wouldn't even care that much if Floyd fought him again.
              This is something people keep forgetting it makes more and more sense when I think about it.

Comment

I wouldn't mind the top 2 WW's going at again.

Comment

I think guerrero was a pawn floyd was never gonna fight him until he fought a canelo which makes sense that canelo wants the guarantee that if he loses that he still gets the floyd fight in sept. Im starting to think this is floyds last 2 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
                    Im starting to think this is floyds last 2 fights.
                    I've been thinking that I dont know why I just dont see Floyd fighting in 2014 I just get that feeling

Comment

4th fight was suppose to be the one to end them all..but since Manny lost they want a 5th??fuck that

Comment

Working...
                      X