No announcement yet.

Abner Mares vs Wilfredo Vazquez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abner Mares vs Wilfredo Vazquez Jr.

Im actually surprised this hasnt been talked about. Though I would really wish someone would beat Donaire, I doubt Mares has what it takes to do it especially since he has fought no natural superbantamweight. A win against Vazquez Jr. would be more telling than a a win against Moreno.
    Abner Mares
    75.00%
    Wilfredo Vazquez Jr.
    8.33%
    Guillermo Rigondeaux
    16.67%

to be honest I think Mares would have tons of trouble against WV2. WV2 is at a point where he can take on anyone and beat them. I think WV2 will beat Juanma if they fight.

WV2 is tough as nails, he stood toe to toe against Nonito and gave a good account of himself to the world. This guy is no easy fight for anyone.

I do believe Leo Santa Cruz is better than Mares as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
      to be honest I think Mares would have tons of trouble against WV2. WV2 is at a point where he can take on anyone and beat them. I think WV2 will beat Juanma if they fight.

WV2 is tough as nails, he stood toe to toe against Nonito and gave a good account of himself to the world. This guy is no easy fight for anyone.

I do believe Leo Santa Cruz is better than Mares as a fighter.
      Pretty much my thoughts, though I think Juanma ko's Vazquez Jr., even though the latter has shown better boxing skills.

I think Vazquez Jr. should have one or two fights a featherweight before taking on Juanma.

I agree with the bold.

Comment

Comment

i think Mares is too small for them, even against Donaire his going to look small

i like Wilfredito against JuanMa, they gotta make that fight, man Puerto Rico is falling off they can bring it back if they make this fight

i think Mares beats Rigon

Comment

what the fck are you guys smoking? The same vazquez who an old shot flyweight beat on? hope vazquez fights lopez so he lopez can knock his ass out. Lopez will make easy work of vazquez as would most top fighters around his weight class

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
              what the fck are you guys smoking? The same vazquez who an old shot flyweight beat on? hope vazquez fights lopez so he lopez can knock his ass out. Lopez will make easy work of vazquez as would most top fighters around his weight class
              Well you are already looking like a fool so Im gonna sit on a corner and watch how many other mexicans think this is gonna be a tough fight.

I agree that Lopez beats Vazquez though. Also IMO if the Vazquez that fought Donaire was the same Vazquez that fought Arce, he would have gotten KTFO in 4 rounds.

Comment

He can't even beat super duper shot Arce (who was supposed to lose to him) but he can beat red-hot Mares?

Comment

WV2 looked ****ty against Donaire becasue he was not trying to really win, he was trying to survive.. He fought like Clottey fought against Pacquiao, Didnt throw much, just blocked Donaire's punches. The scorecards in that fight were rediculous.. Donaire clearly won.. If anyone thought WV2 and Donaire was competetive, they must be crazy!! Mares would beat WV2 easily.. Come on people look at what slow ass Arce did to him..

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                    WV2 looked ****ty against Donaire becasue he was not trying to really win, he was trying to survive.. He fought like Clottey fought against Pacquiao, Didnt throw much, just blocked Donaire's punches. The scorecards in that fight were rediculous.. Donaire clearly won.. If anyone thought WV2 and Donaire was competetive, they must be crazy!! Mares would beat WV2 easily.. Come on people look at what slow ass Arce did to him..
                    After reading your comment,

seeing Donaire's face at the end of the Vazquez fight, and reading the compubox stats:

and reading the article that says Donaire suffered a left hand injury thanks to the Vazquez fight:

http://newsodrome.com/boxing_news/do...bones-29522237

now Im glad Vazquez fought scared, otherwise he might have had murder on his hands. Good job Vazquez Jr., life is more important than winning.
                    Last edited by ELHURACAN58; 11-12-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X