Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Pernell Whitaker @ 140 : Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't watched a ton of Whitaker fights.. off the top of my head, I don't remember if he fought another really good South Paw?
    It's hard to decide since they both are lefties to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sin City View Post
      I haven't watched a ton of Whitaker fights.. off the top of my head, I don't remember if he fought another really good South Paw?
      It's hard to decide since they both are lefties to me.
      Jose Luis Ramirez. Dominated him twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        Jose Luis Ramirez. Dominated him twice.
        I don't remember Ramirez being all that good.
        I'm gonna look up the fights and watch them though.

Comment

• men manny is my fav active fighter, but Sweet pea toys with him for 12 rounds, make him look like a fool......PW is all wrong for manny......WIDEEEEEE UD for pernell........i dont think that ko manny tough.....

Comment

Obviously not as good as Pac or Whitaker, but still a very solid fighter.

Comment

Do you think Alexis Arguello is good? Ramirez arguably deserved the win when they fought, and dropped him in the middle rounds.

Ramirez was a pretty clever fighter.

Comment

• I used to watch a lot of Whitakers fights, and ya know, i really disliked him. He just had a style that made other guys look awkward or clumsy. But he had a nice streak and won so many of his fights, he was a very clever fighter.

His defence was very good, i think he would do the same thing to Pac, cuz to this day, i never seen a boxer that can make other boxers look so bad and innefective. So i guess that was his strenght, he was able to "dis-able" many other very good boxers. I was so happy when Oscar knocked him on his ass and took his title.

But his style was so unique, like i said, no boxer i have seen to date can do what SP could. He just confused and used every trick in the book to beat his opponents. And he had many "tricks up his sleeve". I may not have liked the way he fought, but what he did, he did it very, very well. I can't take that away from him. It worked well for him for a long time. And i give him full credit.

Comment

• Lol at the *******s who voted pacquiao KO/TKO
                  Last edited by [SyrianUser]; 12-08-2011, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X