No announcement yet.

Does Barrera Have GBP's Blessing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Barrera Have GBP's Blessing?

Murad said GBP's offer to fight Larios before Barrera is an insult. He further pointed out that "we are not going to take an interim fight against Larios, that’s for sure." Murad asked why Barrera has continued to offer excuses for his devastating eleventh round battering at the hands of Pacquiao in San Antonio, Texas on November 15 last year while at the same time not calling out Pacquiao’s name even after his big win over Erik Morales. Murad said "the phone call from Richard Schaeffer (president of Golden Boy Promotions) told me they are not interested in fighting Pacquiao."

I think GBP just wants to prolong miling their golden cow to get the most moolah out of it. But Barrera's silence too can't help but to solicit that he also wants the same and doesn't want to face the same beating again from the guy who handed him the worst beating in his career, at least this early.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by JaNnO
    Murad said GBP's offer to fight Larios before Barrera is an insult. He further pointed out that "we are not going to take an interim fight against Larios, that’s for sure." Murad asked why Barrera has continued to offer excuses for his devastating eleventh round battering at the hands of Pacquiao in San Antonio, Texas on November 15 last year while at the same time not calling out Pacquiao’s name even after his big win over Erik Morales. Murad said "the phone call from Richard Schaeffer (president of Golden Boy Promotions) told me they are not interested in fighting Pacquiao."

I think GBP just wants to prolong miling their golden cow to get the most moolah out of it. But Barrera's silence too can't help but to solicit that he also wants the same and doesn't want to face the same beating again from the guy who handed him the worst beating in his career, at least this early.

What do you guys think?

I don't see anything wrong in MAB PROLONGNING miling his present new stature. Everybody is entilled to enjoy the fruit of their sacrifice and effort . . . but I don't see him realy getting away from that rematch with Manny Pac . . . no matter what it's going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson_Hawk
      I don't see anything wrong in MAB PROLONGNING miling his present new stature. Everybody is entilled to enjoy the fruit of their sacrifice and effort . . . but I don't see him realy getting away from that rematch with Manny Pac . . . no matter what it's going to happen.
      Good post, Hudson_Hawk...You're right, but it's also a two-edge sword. the long he prolongs his rematch with Pacquiao, the more he gets old and the more Pacquiao becomes sharper. Not to mention the negative impact this will have on his reputation, if there is any.

Cheers!

Comment

Barrera made all excuses why he lost to Pac-Man and will again make excuses, including Larios, why he won't fight him again. He'd rather retire than suffer another humiliating beating.

Comment

@hudson hawk , i agree ..

Comment

Originally posted by JaNnO
            Good post, Hudson_Hawk...You're right, but it's also a two-edge sword. the long he prolongs his rematch with Pacquiao, the more he gets old and the more Pacquiao becomes sharper. Not to mention the negative impact this will have on his reputation, if there is any.

Cheers!

Absolutely! And of course there will be a negative impact . . . no matter what MAB accomplish it won't erase the memory of him being beaten to Submission by MP . . . . he will live under MPs shadows if that fight doesn't happen.

Comment

That's right MAB can't get away with it . . . I suspect he is just sweetening the pot . . . by refusing it now it will be a bigger money later.

Comment

Originally posted by pso_junior
                That's right MAB can't get away with it . . . I suspect he is just sweetening the pot . . . by refusing it now it will be a bigger money later.
                your right on the button there, possibly be the biggest jr. lightweight purse ever, that is assuming that both MAB & PAC continue to win ....

Comment

Working...
                X