No announcement yet.

What should Gennady do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should Gennady do?

It seems incredibly hard for him to find the worthy opponent...

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    It seems incredibly hard for him to find the worthy opponent...

I think Martinez will fight him. Wouldn't mind seeing a Chavez fight either just to see Jr get beat up again. Of worse comes to worse though there is always 168 which is still stacked with big fights for him.

Comment

I think it's kind of unfair to him to be forced to 168 when noone at 160 wants to fight him.
      He should be able to clear out 160 first. I doubt Martinez would fight him especially if gennady doesn't fight 2-3 top fighters before.. Very tricky situation.

Comment

it surprises me bernstein didn't review any of these facts prior to criticizing ggg for taking this fight...he's usually very professional and knowledgeable about the fighters he names

I'm just glad ggg is taking the old school approach and is fighting the best available opponent...I've posted many times after the rosado fight that people shouldn't expect him to find a high caliber opponent with little over two months time to prepare for ggg

it's not like he's pulling a calzaghe just fighting bums and not even bothering with fighters on his own level

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          I think Martinez will fight him. Wouldn't mind seeing a Chavez fight either just to see Jr get beat up again. Of worse comes to worse though there is always 168 which is still stacked with big fights for him.
          Golovkin is way too small for 168.

154 would be a better fit.

Comment

It's been well documented that contracts were offered to a variety of middleweights and none toed the line. Thats why GGG was in with Rosado and thats why his next opponent is in there also!! When a puncher shows up on the scene you won't find to many "marginal" guys offering to fight him however the upper tier fighters should!!!! So who is upper tier???? Does this guy have to move up to a weight he has no claim on? There are NO 160lb men willing???
            This guy is not a great boxer and he's not a great fighter BUT he comes to win and has some pop!! He's not looking for the refs opinions and I personally like a fighter with that attitude!! The perfect opponent should be Sergio to unify the 160 crown, right? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
              Golovkin is way too small for 168.

154 would be a better fit.
              GGG looks pretty ripped at 160. Not sure he could sustain 154 for long and be healthy. If he could he would destroy that division.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                GGG looks pretty ripped at 160. Not sure he could sustain 154 for long and be healthy. If he could he would destroy that division.
                I think 160 is where he should be. AS you said, going to 154 would be like cheating as he would literally destroyed everyone there...

168, well.. maybe. but not before he fights big names at 160.

I would like to see him fights martinez. That would be a very good fight. martinez would need to put everything on line there with a great chance he losses it all and I don't think he is willing to do that.

Comment

I really want to see Golovkin vs Quillin/Pirog/Andy Lee

Comment

He needs to go to 154 and then back to 160 kinda like what Martinez did

Comment

Working...
                    X