No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Experts Decide: Wladimir Klitschko vs. David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Experts Decide: Wladimir Klitschko vs. David Haye

WBA heavyweight champion David Haye of England has expressed confidence that he will register his 16th straight victory and his 14th knockout during that run on Saturday night against WBO, IBF and IBO counterpart Wladimir Klitschko of the Ukraine.

[Click Here To Read More]

About what I expected. Man, the last guy framed this fight perfectly.

Comment

Haye only has a 20-30% chance of winning this fight. Klitschko is far too big, and very effective at what he does. If Klitschko was 4 inches shorter and 2 stone lighter, I would pick Haye to win every time. But he isn't so that argument in null and void. As they say, a good big un, beats a good little un, and in this case, the size disparity is too much to overcome.

Klitschko by KO in the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
        About what I expected. Man, the last guy framed this fight perfectly.
        Exactly my good man. . . Seriously, if Haye hasn't been yabbering off at the ball washer for the past three years, would this fight really be in such high demand? would the fans really have been clamoring for it like this? IMO, the answer is a resounding NO; his lone "world class heavyweight" victory was over valuev, and he barely nicked it, and it was about as unimpressive of a win as you can get.

Haye will take a few risks early on, MAYBE, but once he eats a clean jab, and god forbid if he is able to survive a straight right, he will simply be trying to survive. he has talked so much ****, he will do everything in his power just to NOT get ktfo'd. Expect him to stop trying to win after the 3-5th round.

Comment

I'm picking Haye by KO in round 4 but only if Haye fights aggressively from the opening bell. Bum rushing Klitschko is a bad idea but coming out swinging (Tyson style) will disrupt Klitschko as it has in the past. Additionally, if Haye can find a way inside Wladimir may find himself in trouble.

On the other hand if Haye fights tonight as he did against Valuev, Ruiz, and Harrison it's going to be a long rough night for the Hayemaker. In his last few fights Haye's been focused on riding his bike and looking for the one big shot. He'll need punches in bunches tonight if he wants to be more formidable than any of Wlads recent competition. If Haye isn't busy and is apprehensive then I'm going with Wlad by early KO probably around round 2 or 3; hell Wlad could even end it in the first round.

Both men are vulnerable, both have crappy resumes, both have great skills, great power and both have been stopped by guys far less talented than themselves. Hard fight to pick.

Comment

Cautious early on.

Haye might have some moments. But ultimately gets outsized, outgunned, and knocked out.

Wlad KO6

Comment

All except one expert projects the fight to end in a KO. I want a convincing fight, not just a convincing win.

Comment

I think Wlad will win. Now saying that I'm hoping Haye will stick and move and use his speed to counter the jab..

I'm picking Haye to KO Wlad early but know Wlad KO's Haye late.

Comment

the boxing scene prediction of haye by tko rnd 9 was the dumbest...

haye either stuns wlad in the first 4 rounds or loses the fight, if the fights gone to rnd 9 its pretty safe to say wlads just having his way with him and keeping him at the end of his brutal 1-2s

nobodies in anyones head, both guys have been though all of this "bad blood" promotion before and are bad actors

haye's only chance is jumping on wlad and stunning him in the first couple rounds - either ending it there or blurring his thinking for the remainder of the fight

but this just a fancy way of saying "punchers chance" and is the same advice id give a random hobo trying to beat a pro boxer, so it means haye is basically there to lose. He has less power, he's smaller, he throws fewer punches, and as much as we criticize wlads competition, Haye's has been far, far worse the past couple years. You may as well say he's coming off a hiatus. Chambers and Peter look like p4p wins compared to Harrison and (current) Ruiz.

The only advantage he has is that his timing is somewhat awkward/"poppy" and he has a tendency to catch guys, and for that to work he has to make it work in the first minutes of the fight before wlad gets a rhythm.
                  Last edited by Toe Injury; 07-02-2011, 09:19 AM.

Comment

lmao, like i said all these so called experts and the whole world is in for a shocker!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X