No announcement yet.

advice needed please - jogging then sprints

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed please - jogging then sprints

hi i am jogging 4 kilos, trying to lose a bit of weight but i heard if you incorporate sprints at the end then it pumps your heart rate up

quick list of what should i do

sprint up a gradient or should i just do sprinting on a flat surface
    should i do sprint before i after my jog

any help would be cool

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
    hi i am jogging 4 kilos, trying to lose a bit of weight but i heard if you incorporate sprints at the end then it pumps your heart rate up

quick list of what should i do

sprint up a gradient or should i just do sprinting on a flat surface
    should i do sprint before i after my jog

any help would be cool
    after run, is ok

Comment

after your jog is ideal. also remember to work on your breathing to work on your recovery time.

Comment

when you finish your jog breathe through your nose with deep breathes,this will calm you down and give you a feeling of a complete good workout ala yoga

Comment

if you get better at running you could incorporate sprints into your jogging

Comment

jogging is for endurance and sprints is for speed,so see what you want to do,and have a good pair of running shoes and always wear sweat socks

Comment

ew?? sweat socks?

Comment

they will give your feet comfort and protect your ankles from taking a pounding on the running suface

Comment

Mix it up one day jog, one day sprints. Or do sprints and jogging in the same day. Go along a stretch of road that has telephone poles all along it. Jog to the first pole, the sprint to the next, then jog then sprint...til you puke.

Comment

I would do them on separate days, Jog one day then do Intervals once you recovered, You should not be able to do iintervals after jogging, If you can, then you need to jog further or faster. Buy a subscription to Runners World Magazine it has great stuff

Comment

Working...
                    X