No announcement yet.

I need help with an injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with an injury

About 4 months ago i hurt my left wrist throwing a huge left hook on a 80 lbs heavybag, i just had an MRI on thursday and they said they will call with the results on monday, It only hurts now when a throw anything but a jab. anyone here hhave something like this.

come on somebody say something

Comment

no, but I'd recommend not boxing fo a minute and wait on yo doctor. If you force it, shyt can get serious. Wrist bone when heal are neva properly aligned the way they were, but hopefully all ends in good way you yo. Good luck.

Comment

i have a similar problem to yours, about 2 weeks ago, i threw a real hard right hook on my 200lb bag and my wrist hurt alot, i can throw straight punches as hard as i want but not any hard right hooks, havnt been to the doctors, just letin it heal, no right hook for me for a couple weeks.

Comment

bro dont use your left hand 2-3 weeks. i had a lot of problems with the heavy bag before. you watch out your punching techniqe. your wrist and your arm must be like a direct line and use extra bandages when you work with heavy bag. but you make sure that the pain goes before you train again...

Comment

alright thanks everyone

Comment

I assume you mean anything but the left jab and the right hand. Everyone hurts their wrist now and then. But they don't get MRI's for it. You probably compressed the wrist. You need to be more careful.

Comment

Originally posted by DYNAMITE-DYE-92
                alright thanks everyone

Dude you need to take better care of your body, If something happens don't wait 4 months to do something about it. I'm not saying get an MRI (cause they are expensive) but get it checked out. I think you did the same thing I did. I tore some ligament in my hand and wrist. Nothing to really do just wait till they heal. Cause you said you could throw jabs which is a straight punch with the wrist straight and not turned, thats the way my wrist was. 2 months off may seem like a waste of time but it will save you lots of time later on if it heals correctly

Comment

Man im having the same problem. Right hand damaged it while bag work, it was incredibly sore in the thumb culdnt write on it the next day, wenht to doctors, got an x-ray, no bone broken, the thumbs still a bit screwed but I think its just general pain, however, I cant skip properly and it still hurts something when im moving my wrist around. It feels real tight and has a burning sensation and as I said cnt move it around properly, so I can't skip

Comment

Originally posted by oliverlt
                    Dude you need to take better care of your body, If something happens don't wait 4 months to do something about it. I'm not saying get an MRI (cause they are expensive) but get it checked out. I think you did the same thing I did. I tore some ligament in my hand and wrist. Nothing to really do just wait till they heal. Cause you said you could throw jabs which is a straight punch with the wrist straight and not turned, thats the way my wrist was. 2 months off may seem like a waste of time but it will save you lots of time later on if it heals correctly
                    I went to the docters about a week after in happend they said it was probably sprianed and rest for a few weeks so i did that and now for months later it's not any better. i have jammed my wrist before and this is worse than that.

Comment

Working...
                    X