No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Cleverly Made Careless Error With Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Cleverly Made Careless Error With Kovalev

Former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. felt Nathan Cleverly made a huge mistake last Saturday night in Wales, when he made a decision to stand toe to toe with a heavy-handed puncher like Sergey Kovalev. After four rounds, Cleverly went down three times before the referee waved off the fight. Jones expected Cleverly to do what he does best, stay at a distance and box.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Agree with RJ there! Clev has very fast hands, he should've boxed. Obviously some prat (Frank Warren?) got it in to hid head that he needs to impress the American audience! Also, Clev needs to lose his old man as a coach..... listening to him in the corner he makes out his son is invincible.... fair enough boxing is a confidence sport but no one is invincible. Made him very careless all these back-rubbers! I have no doubt Clev could be one of the welsh greats..... this was nothing but a very good learning experience for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingbull1 View Post
      Agree with RJ there! Clev has very fast hands, he should've boxed. Obviously some prat (Frank Warren?) got it in to hid head that he needs to impress the American audience! Also, Clev needs to lose his old man as a coach..... listening to him in the corner he makes out his son is invincible.... fair enough boxing is a confidence sport but no one is invincible. Made him very careless all these back-rubbers! I have no doubt Clev could be one of the welsh greats..... this was nothing but a very good learning experience for him.
      go back too your little welsh hole

Clev has been exposed .. this was the guys 8th title defence ... who exactly has he fought?????? nobodies

oh i suppose that does make you a Welsh great like your dirty kings Joe Calzaghe and Tom Jones

Who exactly has Tom Jones fought.. yeah thats right nobody

Comment

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do and take a page out of Floyd's book and you have to win . As long as you win, people will see you again.
        Guillermo Rigodeaux disagrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
          go back too your little welsh hole

Clev has been exposed .. this was the guys 8th title defence ... who exactly has he fought?????? nobodies

oh i suppose that does make you a Welsh great like your dirty kings Joe Calzaghe and Tom Jones

Who exactly has Tom Jones fought.. yeah thats right nobody

leave tom jones out of this.... man's a saint

Comment

Nate ain't great

Cleverly leaned into Kovalev power begging to be hit. The third round ended 6 seconds early with the ref holding Cleverly up. Watch the clock as it disappears from the TV screen. Someone cheated there for Clev. 6 seconds early the bell rang. Time it.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesEarl View Post
              Cleverly leaned into Kovalev power begging to be hit. The third round ended 6 seconds early with the ref holding Cleverly up. Watch the clock as it disappears from the TV screen. Someone cheated there for Clev. 6 seconds early the bell rang. Time it.
              I have nothing against Cleverly, but that really was one of the shadiest ref jobs I've ever seen. He actually dragged him to his corner!!!

Comment

What does roy jones know about boxing, he ducked fighters throughout his whole career, in my opinion he was an overrated bum.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesEarl View Post

Haha you are right. I never noticed that till you just mentioned it. They shaved off a few seconds to try to save him

Comment

No shit, his biggest mistake was signing the damn contract.

Comment

Working...
                    X