Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody believe that Jack Johnson....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody believe that Jack Johnson....

Violated the Mann Act or do you believe there was a frame-up?

Dude...Jack didnt brake no law. Jack Johnson is one of the GREATEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was 50 years ahead of his time.

Comment

the man act was bull**** anyways. and wasnt the white prostitute they busted him for transporting across state lines his wife? it was just a frame up cuz they couldnt stand a loud mouth black champ that couldnt be whipped

Comment

He violated it, for the 1st case anyway but of course all charges were dropped and he married the woman, the 2nd case it's highly possible he was framed and him leaving the country with his wife makes it look more so (Imo, I mean who would go straight back to their wife after being accused of going with a hooker ) and the all white jury is suspicious, but honestly given his track record with prostitutes it wouldn't surprise me if he did it really, either way looking back the Mann act was of course just bollocks used to harass him, they (allegedly) found a way too put him behind bars took it in the blink of an eye.

Comment

He probably did violate it, but of course they were looking to hit him with anything and it was a BS application of the law.

Comment

thug

Johnson was a thug who battered a woman into hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by rob snell View Post
              Johnson was a thug who battered a woman into hospital.
              true but that doesn't mean that he violated the mann act, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                the man act was bull**** anyways. and wasnt the white prostitute they busted him for transporting across state lines his wife? it was just a frame up cuz they couldnt stand a loud mouth black champ that couldnt be whipped
                the act stated (paraphrasing) that he had to be transporting women for the sole purpose of profiting. to my knowledge Johnson was not a pimp.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  the act stated (paraphrasing) that he had to be transporting women for the sole purpose of profiting. to my knowledge Johnson was not a pimp.
                  Yeah but, they could put him down because it actually stated "immoral purposes." Which isn't a concrete boundary and apart from the obvious things, what someone may deem immoral someone else may not. The white man used this to their advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Yeah but, they could put him down because it actually stated "immoral purposes." Which isn't a concrete boundary and apart from the obvious things, what someone may deem immoral someone else may not. The white man used this to their advantage.
                    Here's a nice quote, yeah it's from Wikipedia but, it sums up nicely what I'm saying above.

It's ambiguous immorality language allowed selective prosecutions for many years, and was used to criminalize forms of consensual sexual behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                    X