Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Alexander Not Likely, Guerrero Still in Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Alexander Not Likely, Guerrero Still in Play

The boxing world is on fire after Floyd Mayweather Jr. announced on his personal Twitter page that he was close to finalizing his May 4th opponent, and named IBF welterweight king Devon Alexander as the frontronner.

"The negotiations for my fight are almost done. The front runner is IBF Champion Devon Alexander. It'd be a unification bout at welterweight," he posted on his official Facebook and Twitter pages.

[Click Here To Read More]

I don't mind if Mayweather said this for the reaction. Honestly, the relief that he's not fighting Alexander would far outweigh any upset feelings I would have. It would continue to prove that Mayweather is a goddamn douche though.

Comment

Says who?

You, Rick Reeno? Huh?

You, huh.

Comment

Like I said - He did it just to **** with everybody.

Comment

the same floyd mayweather who likely would have not paid the sanctioning fees?

Comment

Was hoping for some basis behind the title of the article.

Comment

Lol, well he must have had some reason for saying it. Mebbe some negotiation tactic or something.

Comment

The only point there that is valid is the contract to fight Brook.

As far as the IBF not approving it, that means little. Sure Floyd mentioned a unification bout but he's also said belts collect dust.

As far as Devon's injury, if Floyd did in fact contact him about a fight, the injury could very well be fake. It wouldn't be the first time a fighter cited an injury to get out of a fight to fight a bigger name.

Comment

It's either

1. A negotiation tactic to bring Guerrero's demands down

2. Canelo vs. Guerrero is in play for May 4th

I believe its the first option.

Comment

But what if he really is fighting devon, then what?

Comment

Working...
                    X