No announcement yet.

Bob arum and 50cent already talking about the big fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    Mayweather leaving GBP just coincides with Arum's timetable of when HE wanted the fight. It is amazing how this situation played out almost exactly like he wanted. He successfully stalled the fight, changed public perception to think it was Mayweather that was preventing the fight, made millions in the process, and in Pacquiao's final year, he's going to make the fight while cutting out one of his main competitors; him saying "See? It was GBP holding up the fight all along" is like a cherry on top.
    Loads of bs here. And I don't understand why they're buying this nonsense. Fear of losing has nothing to do with anything or anyone. The idea that Paqciao losing to Mayweahter would diminish Paq's popularity is complete baloney. Hoya lost fights in his career here and there and fans never thought of boycotting his next fights. Khan got his 2nd humiliating defeat and I could bet that he will remain relatively popular and fans would want to see his next figths again. Why would a promoter stall the biggest fight of this decade?

Comment

Bob already played this card with Don King... It's all BS. Bob already has his agenda and Floyd is not on it.

It don't matter who's at the table. If Bob doesn't want the fight, he doesn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        Bob already played this card with Don King... It's all BS. Bob already has his agenda and Floyd is not on it.

It don't matter who's at the table. If Bob doesn't want the fight, he doesn't make it.
        He more interested in a Cotto Rematch Bradley rematch JMM rematch....I personally would rather watch wet paint dry than to see Manny fight either of these again! I seriously will not Pay to see any of them! Fu8k Top Rank!

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post

I agree.......just more of the same BS.
          Bradley vs Pacquiao is already set up for a trilogy.
          Marquez and Pacquiao will fight 10 more times lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
            If 50 gets this made, this can really be a breakthrough for TMT (Teenage Mutant Turtles) promotions.
            lmao......

Comment

Mayweather will still want most of the money so I don't think it will happen.

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing this fight but not really as bothered as i used too be should have happened 2010 the fact that the earliest it could be his 2013 is really dissapointing

Comment

Why do people still care about this fight? The time for it to happen is long gone. The hell if I am going to fork over damn near $100 after the BS ride they took boxing fans on in the past 3 1/2" years...

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
                    whats the reason were not getting the fights we should be getting today? gbp vs tr

before i was skepitical about 50 but i think he will do boxing some good
                    So is TMT belong to 50cent or joint partnership with floyd? If owned by 50, will he accept the %age deal floyd had with GB? There's going to be loads of squabbles about money within TMT but all the best

Comment

I think Arum will finally make the fight, knowing Manny is most likely done either way next year. Even if he gives Floyd the majority he still makes more $$ with him than any Top Rank fighter, why would he care if Manny loses his last fight?
                      It would be good for Floyd to take a tune up fight this year, fight Manny in the spring and possibly Sergio Martinez next fall.

Comment

Working...
                      X