View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 11:40 PM #26
The Mactan Warrior

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
WarriorSoul has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorSoul has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorSoul has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorSoul has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorSoul has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorSoul has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorSoul has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorSoul has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorSoul has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorSoul has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorSoul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,587,456,682,069.58
Total Points: 21,587,479,991,792.14
for you pre - peyk-peyk No Message - Talisayen Have you ever heard the story about the village idiot who didn't know who the village idiot was?  Probably not. - Johnny Chingas parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier for gina carano - led 
for the ownage of androidism - Alx. your sig! - jose830 for that Tara pic :fing02: - -jose- No problem, brother. - BulgariasFinest 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - WarriorSoul 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADYV1 View Post
My question to you though is how do I go about doing this? I think I have maybe $1000 under my name. I doubt my parents will support me at all if I decide to go for the move to be with my girlfriend. I've been looking for a job here for the past month and have had no luck, but I feel if I make the move over to Ft.Myers then I'll have a sense of urgency on my shoulders and I'll know that, "Hey I really need a job and money because If I don't have that I might end up homeless... or end up back at my parents house which is what I want to avoid, so they don't give me the whole, ''We told you so story."
I admire the fact that you're doing what so many young people today are afraid of doing. Given the circumstances today, the job market and the economy as a whole have led to many young adults staying with their parents longer -- even after graduating from college to help pay their loans. I think people find a lot about themselves when they battle through adversity. It could be something that you can cling to and either say that these are the cards that you were dealt with and there's nothing much that you can do and be absolutely negative about it -- or you can face it head on and motivate you to better yourself.

I would advise you to stay motivated and focus on one thing at a time. Look at what you currently have right now and use them to your advantage. Your end goal is to look for a job, in order for you to do that you want to move elsewhere to look for it, but what's holding you back is the uncertainty and most importantly not having the funds or resources to be able to support you throughout that time that you're looking for a job. So your immediate goal should be to raise some funds.

My biggest advice to you is to take your time. You are young, time is at your side -- you don't have to rush through it. Think this through and attack your problems one by one. A job is an opportunity, no matter what or where it is or how much it pays. I encourage you to swallow your pride and maybe start looking at getting a job at a fast food place or Walmart nearby temporarily -- that's if you haven't done so already. I assume you're not paying rent while at your mom and pops. Save enough money till you have enough to live on for at least three months. Three months is usually the lowest short-term rental agreement that many apartments offer. While you're there you could get a small job to support your funds, then slowly work your way up and send out your applications/resume.

Good luck.
WarriorSoul is offline   Reply With Quote