Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Cotto at 154 but Martinez at 150? INTERESTING FLOYD!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    Explain to me why this fight could not take place at......say 150?

You know Cotto and Mayweather could EASILY make this)
    Why would there be a need to make it at 150 though? Cotto is the WBA Light Middleweight Champ. He's fought in this weight class for 3 fights in a row already. He only asked for weight stipulations in the last fight to give Margarito an inconvenience.

So again, why make it at 150? Why make a specific catch weight when both fighters have no problem with the 154 limit? It makes no sense.

Comment

Cotto could come in at any weight and Floyd will still beat him. Martinez is a different kettle of fish, as they say.

Comment

I guess some of these folks that are so excited about this fight forgot about this little gem:

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...e-fight--48685

Cotto is a small dude, in fact Mayweather has some length on him. The weight at which they fight DOES NOT matter at all. Both can make 150 or 154 easily. Stop talking BS about weights.......Mayweather is just trying to save his face and doing a good job at it, and you are all buying it. He will beat Cotto's ass regardless. So why not 154 then for Martinez Floyd???? GUESS WHY FOLKS!! All this catchweight nonsense....grow up. All these so called star boxers are all the same.

Oh and I'm not supporting Pacquiao, **** EM BOTH!!!!!!

I'll be watching boxers that are hungry and willing to FIGHT! They deserve the attention not this circus. I hope Miguel wins though, because he is one of those.
        Stop being a Martinez hater... Just because Martinez offered Pac and Floyd a fight at 150 does not mean you can bash him. He's just trying to get paid.

Comment

Because Martinez has a chance against Mayweather and Cotto doesn't.

Comment

I guess some of these folks that are so excited about this fight forgot about this little gem:

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...e-fight--48685

Cotto is a small dude, in fact Mayweather has some length on him. The weight at which they fight DOES NOT matter at all. Both can make 150 or 154 easily. Stop talking BS about weights.......Mayweather is just trying to save his face and doing a good job at it, and you are all buying it. He will beat Cotto's ass regardless. So why not 154 then for Martinez Floyd???? GUESS WHY FOLKS!! All this catchweight nonsense....grow up. All these so called star boxers are all the same.

Oh and I'm not supporting Pacquiao, **** EM BOTH!!!!!!

I'll be watching boxers that are hungry and willing to FIGHT! They deserve the attention not this circus. I hope Miguel wins though, because he is one of those.
            Floyd was answering a reporters question, just throwing out a weight, because Martinez is not a viable option at this time. Sergio already has a fight scheduled and he's a middleweight. Why don't you wait until after May 5th when the fight has a realistic possibility before you start complaining about details that are ironed out during the negotiating period.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
              Floyd was responding to a question where the reporter brought up the 150 weight and if he would fight Martinez under those terms. Who knows if the fight wouldnt be at 154.
              this. Nice try TS.

Comment

Manny is the face of the Philipines and the face of boxing, he will be president so, he should be a true filipino and face Martinez at 150lbs...he fight Margarito at 150lbs.

Comment

Working...
                X