Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calzaghe one of the most popular fighters people choose on fnr4?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe one of the most popular fighters people choose on fnr4?

I've noticed online he is one of the more popular heavyweights to pick even though he is light heavy. Now is that because alot people know who Calzaghe is from his fights against Roy and Hopkins? Because I know boxing fans knew who lacy was but the avrg person didn't knew who lacy was even though lacy held belts. Or is it because he is the very few white fighters to choose at heavy other than Adamek.
    Yes, and it is probably because of his big fights with known names like roy and hopkins
    60.00%
    Yes, and its probably because he is the very few white fighters to choose at heavyweight/light heavy
    0.00%
    Yes, its because his stats are good
    20.00%
    No, I didn't notice this at all I've had the opposite experience so far
    20.00%
    Last edited by ACHlLLES; 07-02-2009, 05:38 PM.

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    I've noticed online he is one of the more popular heavyweights to pick even though he is light heavy. Now is that because alot people know who Calzaghe is from his fights against Roy and Hopkins? Because I know boxing fans knew who lacy was but the avrg person didn't knew who lacy was even though lacy held belts. Or is it because he is the very few white fighters to choose at heavy other than Adamek.
    The people who pick him probably can't tell the difference between HW's and LH's as they are only casual boxing fans. Or fans of fighting games.

Comment

Originally posted by Merseysideblood View Post
      The people who pick him probably can't tell the difference between HW's and LH's as they are only casual boxing fans. Or fans of fighting games.
      Actually, most of the time when I choose calzaghe which is like all the time since is one of my fav boxer those same people usually pick roy jones jr or adamek. So, I guess we do have some boxing fans who realize those fighters are listed at lhw. Shockingly I haven't had anyone choose Mike Tyson against me at heavyweight for some reason... Thats odd, I thought the hype around fnr4 was Tyson and ali.

Comment

Actually, most of the time when I choose calzaghe which is like all the time since is one of my fav boxer those same people usually pick roy jones jr or adamek. So, I guess we do have some boxing fans who realize those fighters are listed at lhw. Shockingly I haven't had anyone choose Mike Tyson against me at heavyweight for some reason... Thats odd, I thought the hype around fnr4 was Tyson and ali.
        I find that strange too, nobody has chose Tyson against me. I thought that everybody would go Tyson.

I actually choose Calzaghe to fight HW's sometimes because of his speed.

Comment

I can't use Tyson he is terrible on that game, at least for me.

Calzaghe is the easiest fighter to use, he is very fluid, and seems to me to be the fastest player on the game. From all the fighters I've tried so far, he is the best to use. I don't know if being left-handed means it is easier for me to flick the tps left for a straight left, and flick right for a jab but for some reason it seems easier for me.

You have to go some to lose with JC on that game, imo.

Comment

I find that strange too, nobody has chose Tyson against me. I thought that everybody would go Tyson.

I actually choose Calzaghe to fight HW's sometimes because of his speed.
            Whats tysons stat listed as? I'm not a big tyson fan, I was when I was younger but when I got older I guess I looked a closer eye on his resume and felt if he only had pushed himself a bit further he could have accomplished more in career. Awesome to be the youngest heavyweight champion, but his era was kind of weak like calzaghes except calzaghe didn't end up getting knocked out by a buster douglass... I hope my comment didn't offend any huge tyson fans on this forum cuz alot of them end up giving me red k for giving my own personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post

Calzaghe is the easiest fighter to use, he is very fluid
              You have to go some to lose with JC on that game, imo.
              I played one opponent calzaghe vs calzaghe online and I end up beating his ass for 10 rounds. I knocked him down in the final seconds in the last round and he got back up and the score cards favored me in almost every round except on one score card which gave my opponent one round. Though even though the fight was one sided for me winning, it felt like I put alot of effort into winning and my opponent did try to win and he did give me a fight but just wasn't winning by points.

Comment

ps3 gamertag josephfelice if any of you want to get down and fight with me. Set up a time or when ever, I'm working out right now so I don't feel like playing ps3. I'm on the computer and lifting weights. Multi-tasking!!!

Comment

I love FN4 online, on round 3 I was crap, my record was like 7-37. I lost my first 3 fights on round 4 but now I'm on a 5 winning streak.

I'd fight you but I'm on Xbox

Comment

I love FN4 online, on round 3 I was crap, my record was like 7-37. I lost my first 3 fights on round 4 but now I'm on a 5 winning streak.

I'd fight you but I'm on Xbox
                    On unranked matches I'm good at them but on the ranked matches I fought people who played as custom characters. And I don't know about the xbox360, but playing against custom characters is bull**** because people put their stats all the way up with stamina chin and body and power and speed... Its lame. They shouldn't allow people to do that ****. I was winning on points in both my ranked matches as cotto and I got stopped by both people because they were too powerful. I think custom characters is cheap, and I was blocking most of their punches yet I still felt their power... Ridiculous.

And sorry for my bad grammar, I'm typing fast cuz I'm multi-tasking.

Comment

Working...
                    X