No announcement yet.

i thnk its time for my training journal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i thnk its time for my training journal

we've all know each other for a while know and im going to start my journal........

i train bjj.................and there for will be posting my training .....stuff..........in here...

some backround ifo of mine goes as follows.........trained boxing and for a year and a half and had 2 fights about 2 years ago ..........now tran bjj......started about a year a 3 - 4 months ago. im a white belt and have competed in in two competitions thus far, and plan to keep competeing.

updates will follow.

did some no gi yesterday, because i dropped my gi in a ****en puddle just b4 i got to training and it was too wet to use..****en puddles....

it was just free rolling for about an houur...worked hard on gaurd....iits a lot different withouut a gi.

ended up getting armbarred by a bluebelt after an hour or so.

shall go back tonight with a dry gi

Comment

watch out for those puddles dude.

Comment

lol yeah puddles suck..........it was silly really....i had my gi alwraped up and tied in a ball with my belt. then the belt(which i was carrying it by) came loose and into the puddel went my gi

Comment

worked sweeps for the most part of class then free rolled with a purple belt. managed to get 2 good sweeps on him ...which is good seeing as normaly the whole graple is me trying to keep and get back my guard and defend my ass off.........always feel good after rolling with this guy...glad its over usually.

Comment

no rules night tonight. worked on strikes form the clinch and then free fought usinig slaps. did well. feel more comfortable with defending strikes form my guard. learnt a cool new sweep with like 5 or 6 veriations.....think it may take some time to get my head around it all

Comment

slacked off yesterday.didnt go too training. drank bourbans.

todays friday = no training.

its going to be a lazy weekend for me

Comment

right sunday nights training was me rolling with my insttructor all class...........i always leern heaps when we grapple..i also tap heaps.......

learnt a few good escapes of armbars....

Comment

yesterday was a ggood day of training...
                  rolled with a guy similar weiight....old guy .....but hes a feisty ****er...tapped him wiith three armbars and a triangle in about 4 mins all up...thehn we rolled again and all he didi was wait for me to set up armbar triangle or omaplata, from guard and then he'd posture like there was no tomorrow. and i wanted to prove a point and finish him from guard so that is how it went for about 10 mins.me trying sumthing and him posturing..then i got ****en tired of it and uused my sweep game, swept passed then got a step over arm bar.

after that i rolled with my instructor...****en wild...kept flowing really well and i learnt alot as per usual.

then rolled with a blue belt..it was a battle, i was hammerd by now but i never turn a grapple down.....pulled gaurd went for sweeps end ed up in half gaurd . worked half gaurd sweep...got full gaurd he passed around i came to my kneesthen sat back to gaurd...got a tringle but he was postureing hard so it wasnt locked down properly....sweeped him to mounted triangle, lost triangle and went to full mount....he put my back in his guardand played a closed guard game for a while .alomost armbarred me...then ii passed around he came to his knees my sprawl wasnt quick enough.....then he tried to pass knee throughs and i managed to get a heel hook.

left feeling really good...one of those trainings sessions that you wish you could emulate every time you trained

Comment

to nights training was a lot of clinch which was good coz i need to work on my top game and take downs..tounement style and for the street

Comment

Working...
                    X