View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 AM #41
Conveyor of Truth

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 270,855,183,246.53
Total Points: 2,000,282,939,492,684.25
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior gong View Post
Alexander is an OK fighter, not much more. Brook is an up and coming fighter and a very good one at that. People are really only reading the negative into the Jones fight. I watched the fight and it was a really good test, he had to overcome a badly busted nose from round 6 and passed the gutcheck with Flying colours. I think he'll learn from it and continue to improve. Brook wins this.
i agree completely on the brook-jones fight. if he struggled early and couldnt outbox jones that would be a problem at the higher level, but he didnt. he outboxed jones easily and controled the fight early, but he was in poor shape so he wore down. jones may not be top class but hes solid and if you get tired against a solid fighter you get punished for it.

thats what happened, but like you say he stayed tough throughout. he didnt fold and he showed me more in that fight than any of his previous outings. he showed great boxing skills early, great heart late and he learned a valuable lesson that will serve him in the very near future.

that said i think you underestimate alexander. everyone is going on about what a beast matthysse is, but even if we say he did beat alexander it was a close fight. matthysse had a very hard time with alexander so if hes such a beast you gotta give devons some credit too.

one thing that should be mentioned is when ppl try to box devon he becomes more of a boxer puncher who sits down on his shots and fights much better.

most importnatly devon is world class, hes been in there with much better oposition than brook and won. one of the best chins in all of boxing too, talk about granite. brook is in there with a whole other animal than anything he ever faced before.
#1Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<