No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Discussions Begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
    He will have some options for a November/December fight. I think he will fight twice.
    Yeah, hopefully.

I'm hoping he fights Guererro in June then has the choice of Pacquaio, Martinez or Canelo-Cotto winner later in the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
      Prime years?? Hes not in his prime.

Bro Floyd is at the end of his career. Trust me I know its hard to believe but hes almost done. Hes been fighting since 1996. That's what 16-17 years?

Hes on his way out. Hes not fighting 3 or 4 times a year. 2 might even be a stretch. Now about RG. What other fighter is there to fight? Zaveck? Paulie? Who?

If he fights RG most likely its Canelo next and that can be done in November/December '13.
      Maybe prime is a bad word choice depending on how you define it but he's still the #1 pound for pound fighter in the sport and has maintained his dominance over all of these years. No matter what word you use its still a waste of talent considering the fact that from 2011 to 2013, his resume would consist of Guerrero, Ortiz and Cotto (we will see what he has left on Saturday night) when Pacquiao, Martinez and possibly Canelo (depending on if he is for real) were possibilities.

And like I said, November/December '13 is fine with me. But May or September 2014 I wouldn't cosign.

Comment

• who else was he supposed to fight thats my question...

Comment

• I highly doubt he fights him. He's not a draw. It's going to be Canelo or Cotto 2.

Floyd doesn't fight for legacy he fights for that paper we all know this

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
            I give a **** because I want to see the greatest fighter of our era perform as much as possible before he retires within the next 2-3 years. I want to see his skills on display against opponents who can bring the best out of him. I don't want to see him waste what's left of his prime years sparring on PPV. There is a reason why I try to attend all of his fights live.

If you don't feel the same way, then so be it.
            giving the info we have

martinez is hurt and u know damn well floyd nor pac aint takin that fight hes too big and dangerous (with a small reward) for them to fight at this point in their careers!

pac is fighting marquez and arum said after that the winner of rios and alvarado, plus we know the history with these 3 bozos (arum pac floyd) so why waste ur time

canelo is fighting cotto next if he wins... i guarantee

bradley is under arum so good luck with that...

at 147 who else was there to fight? this is a serious question!

Comment

• Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
              giving the info we have

martinez is hurt and u know damn well floyd nor pac aint takin that fight hes too big and dangerous (with a small reward) for them to fight at this point in their careers!

pac is fighting marquez and arum said after that the winner of rios and alvarado, plus we know the history with these 3 bozos (arum pac floyd) so why waste ur time

canelo is fighting cotto next if he wins... i guarantee

bradley is under arum so good luck with that...

at 147 who else was there to fight? this is a serious question!

Have you been reading anything I've been saying? I'm cool with him fighting Guerrero as long as he fights 2X next year. Pacquiao, Martinez and Canelo are all available in late 2013.

So no, the "who else is there to fight?" excuse does not work.

Comment

• I don't mind this fight too much. I'd rather see Mayweather fight Pacquiao or Martinez any day though.

Comment

• Comment

• So Floyd would be staying active. Let’s look at the options;

Pac: fighting JMM Dec 8th and already has a fight lined up for April. Probably vs Rios or Bradley II. Bob said you can’t pick dates in advance like Floyd did when calling Pac out for a May 5th 2012 fight. Bob made it clear that you can’t pick a date in advance. Well Bob already has a date picked and like stated, has Rios and Bradley lined up.

Martinez: Recovering from surgery. The excuses poor in that Floyd fought a 187 year old injured Martinez.

Cotto: Fighting Trout this weekend. If he wins, the majority of boxing fans want him to fight Alvarez

Alvarez: See above. However Cotto vs Alvarez winner should get Floyd

Bradley: Bob won’t allow it

Guerrero: Is the only possible match up considering what is available. Not a great fight but who is he supposed to fight that would oppose a threat and would be available?

Then again nobody would favored to beat Floyd 154 and below.

Like I said many times, unless we’re talking about MW fighters, Floyd will be favored and will be expected to win and when WW and JMW title holders are mentioned to fight Floyd, it is looked at as **** opposition or just not good enough for Floyd. That my friends displays just how great and dominate Floyd has been for a very long time.

Comment

• I guess no Martinez or Canelo vs. Mayweather?

Comment

Working...
                      X