DiBella: "I'm not letting Jermain Taylor make a dumb economic deal"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aljosa_raos View Post
    Taylor would kill Froch.
    Fight will never happen cuz Froch wants 70 % cuz he is champ.
    seriously 70% WTF since hes got that belt froch has turned into a full-time, overblown pillock!

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
      Not me. I think Froch KO's him, or Jermain wins a decision. I honestly think Pascal would give Taylor a tough time.

I don't really rate Jermain. He lost twice to one dimentional Pavlik, and looked ordinary against Lacy.
      Looked ordinary against Lacy. Watch the fight before you talk ****. Taylor walked right through Lacy and won every single round. He would of probably KO'd him if he was just a tad more aggressive. Taylor looked great in that fight and that might of been his best performance in years. Watch the damn fight and use logic before you post nut hugger.

As for Froch he isnt going to KO Taylor. I like Froch and he would have a hell of a time with Taylor and at this moment probably lose. Taylors skills and athletism would give Froch problems, since Froch already has defensive problems vs "one dimensional fighters" like Pascal. Comparing Taylor to a guy like Pascal is a joke and same goes for your post.
      Last edited by Check; 01-17-2009, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Ron View Post
        Looked ordinary against Lacy. Watch the fight before you talk ****. Taylor walked right through Lacy and won every single round. He would of probably KO'd him if he was just a tad more aggressive. Taylor looked great in that fight and that might of been his best performance in years. Watch the damn fight and use logic before you post nut hugger.

As for Froch he isnt going to KO Taylor. I like Froch and he would have a hell of a time with Taylor and at this moment probably lose. Taylors skills and athletism would give Froch problems, since Froch already has defensive problems vs "one dimensional fighters" like Pascal. Comparing Taylor to a guy like Pascal is a joke and same goes for your post.
        Honestly, if Taylor can't administer a Calzaghe style ass whopping, on Jeff Lacy 'the worst boxer on earth', then it is an ordinary performance. Jeff is terrible.

And I did not make no comparison between Taylor and Pascal. I said Pascal would cause Taylor problems. That an opinion, not a comparison.

Comment

Honestly, if Taylor can't administer a Calzaghe style ass whopping, on Jeff Lacy 'the worst boxer on earth', then it is an ordinary performance. Jeff is terrible.

And I did not make no comparison between Taylor and Pascal. I said Pascal would cause Taylor problems. That an opinion, not a comparison.
          Maybe you aren't giving Joe enough credit. Also, Jermaine and Jeff are very good friends and I know Jermaine did say he was going for the kill it did seem like whenever he really had Lacy in huge trouble(which he had him on bambi legs about 5 times) he went for a clinch. Jermaine looked good imo he had good head movement and didnt go to crazy in there and got the job done with a lop sided UD. Taylor would give Froch a lot of trouble.

Comment

maybe Im missing something, but it sure looked like Lacy was ready to go multiple times from the 5th round on.

and while the Froch-Pascal fight was very entertaining, overall I wasnt that imprssed with Froch. maybe yall forgot, but jsut before the Froch fight Pascal was almost finished by Omar Pittman on FNFs, and Pittman is a journeyman at best...

that being said, I would like to see Froch-Taylor, and would also like to see Taylor-Johnson if Johnson cant get Calzaghe or Kessler, who he would both be willing to fight in their hometowns.

Comment

Taylor and his team talk about money too much, it gets a little tiring.

Ok it's a business but the way they go about it seems over the top sometimes, especially when Taylor once said he'd fight anyone, but would take the most money offered. Well, that's a form of ducking I'm afraid chap. Not saying he specifically has or hasn't recently, but he doesn't want to just face the best, push himself and perform, excel in this sport, which pisses me off. I'm not fan of Carl Froch, but at least that is what he wants to do, face whomever, it's more about the sport and winning than the money.

Comment

taylor at least hurt lacy where as calzaghe just slapped him a bunch and got him annoyed.

Comment

Strange logic there, buddy.
                  Taylor did administer an ass whooping on Lacy. And Lacy is far, far away from "the worst boxer on earth."
                  Froch is the one who has to prove his worth against elite fighters, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
                    Strange logic there, buddy.
                    Taylor did administer an ass whooping on Lacy. And Lacy is far, far away from "the worst boxer on earth."
                    Froch is the one who has to prove his worth against elite fighters, not the other way around.
                    Of course he is not the worst boxer on earth, but a win over Lacy is nothing to shout about.

I think Taylor is a good fighter, I just think that Froch could beat him. The reason why the Pascal fight was exciting, was because of both fighters creating angles against each other, and landing bombs. I think Taylor would struggle with the angles, and power of Froch's punches. As I have said on another thread, Froch will win by KO, or Jermain will win a decision.

Comment

Of course he is not the worst boxer on earth, but a win over Lacy is nothing to shout about.

I think Taylor is a good fighter, I just think that Froch could beat him. The reason why the Pascal fight was exciting, was because of both fighters creating angles against each other, and landing bombs. I think Taylor would struggle with the angles, and power of Froch's punches. As I have said on another thread, Froch will win by KO, or Jermain will win a decision.
                      You say a win over Lacy is nothing to shout about, but I would contend that its a better win that Froch has on his record.
                      Taylor is the guy who fought Hopkins twice, Winky Wright, Kelly Pavlik twice and now bet Lacy. Froch isnt some kind of step up in competition for Taylor. Taylor, on the other hand, is a huge step up in competition for Froch. People should remember that.

Comment

Working...
                      X