No announcement yet.

Anyone from Victoria BC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone from Victoria BC?

I have just moved to Victoria from Toronto and I want to keep boxing over here but I havent been able to find a boxing gym in the town anywhere. There are tons of mixed martial art gyms but I havent seen a single boxing club. Can anyone help me out?

I am from BC aswell. The gym I know on the island is owned and opperated by a man named Richard Lestage. Look him up on google and I am sure you could find a way to contact him. That gym is very good, filled with amatuer aswell as many experienced pro fighters.

Comment

i live in victoria BC the only straight boxing gym we have here is olsons

Peterecs has everything and i know alot of fighters that just do strickly boxing

Island MMA produces a fair amount of kickboxers

Zuma is all MMA has amazing ground work

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky466 View Post
        I have just moved to Victoria from Toronto and I want to keep boxing over here but I havent been able to find a boxing gym in the town anywhere. There are tons of mixed martial art gyms but I havent seen a single boxing club. Can anyone help me out?
        You need to get to Vancouver...I know for sure there is boxing there, and in the surrounding areas. There's a ferry that goes to Horseshoe Bay, from Victoria...That's the one you want..

I spent a week in Victoria, pretty cool place...5:1 female to male ratio, etc. However, lots of carpet munchers are around, so you got an exchange ratio to make it about 3.5:1, which still assures the sausagefests are a rare occassion.

You aren't going to find tough competition in Vancouver. It could be a good place to begin. I honestly don't know where the best in Canada reside, but if I had to guess, I'd say Toronto.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormin' Norman View Post
          You need to get to Vancouver...I know for sure there is boxing there, and in the surrounding areas. There's a ferry that goes to Horseshoe Bay, from Victoria...That's the one you want..

I spent a week in Victoria, pretty cool place...5:1 female to male ratio, etc. However, lots of carpet munchers are around, so you got an exchange ratio to make it about 3.5:1, which still assures the sausagefests are a rare occassion.

You aren't going to find tough competition in Vancouver. It could be a good place to begin. I honestly don't know where the best in Canada reside, but if I had to guess, I'd say Toronto.
          Thats true, you have no idea how hard it is to get anything done here with all the distractions, im going to have to redoo all my courses in college..

Comment

Originally posted by Kayo View Post
            Thats true, you have no idea how hard it is to get anything done here with all the distractions, im going to have to redoo all my courses in college..
            All depends on your personal demons......

If you've gotten high before, Vancouver ain't gonna be the best place to train for you, unless you're extremely disciplined...Even then, you're going to be sparring weak opposition, compared to if you were in San Antonio...But Razor Ruddock come from Canada, so I gotta respect that...

Comment

boxing in victoria

capital city boxing is a new club in victoria. www.ccityboxing.com

Comment

Originally posted by ccity View Post
                capital city boxing is a new club in victoria. www.ccityboxing.com
                they offfered my friend a job there to teach their recreational class i think it is...i dont think i'l leave my gym but im going to go with him to check n see what their about

Comment

Victoria Boxing

Good to see that there are now three clubs that have amateur boxers.
                  All three had participants in the 2010 BC Golden Gloves in Langford.

Comment

Coaching

I plan to return to coaching in the Victoria effective September 2010.
                    And will decide on a club that has the potential to produce quality boxers
                    and is available to take on additional trainers.

Comment

Working...
                    X