No announcement yet.

Hell of a workout.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell of a workout.

About once a month we have socalled fight workout at the gym.

We had yesterday it consisted

of 6 rounds of shadow boxing

then 6 1 mniut rounds on the bag with one round of shadow

between then 10 hard 2min rounds of sparring then a short break and 10 more hard 2 min sparring rounds.

then 5 2min rounds of mitts.

Then 10 hard and fast 30 sec rounds on the bag.

Then there was 15 hill sprints outside og the gym, but i have an injurie in my glutes so i had 15 2min rounds on the bag instead.

then there was dipps, chins, situpps, etc.

Now thats a workout.

Originally posted by leff
    About once a month we have socalled fight workout at the gym.

We had yesterday it consisted

of 6 rounds of shadow boxing

then 6 1 mniut rounds on the bag with one round of shadow

between then 10 hard 2min rounds of sparring then a short break and 10 more hard 2 min sparring rounds.

then 5 2min rounds of mitts.

Then 10 hard and fast 30 sec rounds on the bag.

Then there was 15 hill sprints outside og the gym, but i have an injurie in my glutes so i had 15 2min rounds on the bag instead.

then there was dipps, chins, situpps, etc.

Now thats a workout.
    It is one hell of a workout
    but it's also over-training..
    so it's 7 rounds of shadowboxing
    20 rounds of sparrin
    21 rounds of bagwork
    5 rounds on the punch mitts
    then u do 10 30 second punchouts!?

That's very hard to do but i think it's over training.

Comment

quality not quantity my friend, if u keep doing that, u will psychologically and physically burn out. for the 1st few months, u will be fit, ill agree.

Comment

ya

wait a minute i forgot to say somethin

if u did like 25 rounds on the heavy bag and 20 rounds sparring and 5 rounds on the mits

There is no way you went at full intensity. You must've been goin pity-paty speed. You would burn out BAD from that.

Comment

Seems like way to much if u broke it up into 2 workouts it would be alright.
          I do alot of shadow boxing and do 10x30 sec bursts (works great for gaining hand speed) on the bag but on days were thats heavy i dont spar and on heavy sparing days i do light bag work and more speed work.

Comment

Well i had some brakes between soo.

We only do this once a month and its meant for us to explore new meanings of exhaustion.

Last time the world got pretty ****ed upp colors (and that was under the hill sprints and not the sparring ).

And i feel a sleep 5 min after dinner and then again at a party the the same day.

Last time i was completety ****ed the next trainnig 2 days after but 4 days after i was sooooooo strong .

Comment

Continous use of that workout everyday would result in fatigue and burning out, It would be a good way to shcok the body compared to a regular hum drum workout. But what person doesnt get burned out on their workout? Each body reacts differently and people can use (or not use) more energy levels than others. But it is a good way to shock the body out of its normal routine (which boxing training has)

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
                Continous use of that workout everyday would result in fatigue and burning out, It would be a good way to shcok the body compared to a regular hum drum workout. But what person doesnt get burned out on their workout? Each body reacts differently and people can use (or not use) more energy levels than others. But it is a good way to shock the body out of its normal routine (which boxing training has)
                Its done once a month.

Your right its good to shock the body once in a while

Comment

Originally posted by leff
                  Its done once a month.

Your right its good to shock the body once in a while

Well then their is no problems with it, Infact you are probably anxious to go back to your regular workout after that I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
                    Well then their is no problems with it, Infact you are probably anxious to go back to your regular workout after that I bet.
                    Yeah, i was at gym again yesterday and i felt very strong, light feathed and fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X