No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Says Making a Deal With Top Rank is Impossible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
    That's not what we are discussing here. This thread (refer to title) is about TR and GBP not being able to make fights. TR is clearly.....CLEARLY to blame for that. All this talk about who's the more evil company is digressing away from the pertinent point - that Top Rank refuses to make fights with GBP.

GBP never said they wouldn't make fights with TR. Hell, Oscar even apologised to Arum (like Bob demanded) just to ensure they could do business.

For the record, I think GBP are shady as fook too. But that twisted old man is to blame for this particular problem.
    So let me guess, you completely missed how GB was a on a Pacquiao and Margarito smear campaign. They even tried to **** on Cotto when he was about to face Pacquiao with that Ring magazine cover asking "At 28 is Cotto shot?' just a few weeks before they fought

TBH Goldenboy's whole "we are the good guys and Arum is evil" ploy is straight trash. They like to throw rocks and pretend they didn't do anything. Now I admit I hate what Arum is doing, but for anyone to act like GBP isn't just as bad says alot about that person as a fan of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      They're both shifty as hell and anyone taking either side on this one needs their head checked.
      It's pretty clear who was in the wrong on this one. Abner Mares pleaded for the fight and Golden Boy made an effort to get it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        It's pretty clear who was in the wrong on this one. Abner Mares pleaded for the fight and Golden Boy made an effort to get it for him.
        There's nothing clear about it. It's "he said, she said" b/s, and for outsiders it's who you gonna believe, him or her? answer is neither.

#twoslimeyboxingpromoters
        Last edited by Weebler I; 02-10-2013, 02:30 AM.

Comment

It's been confirmed that Golden Boy did indeed send the contract over to Top Rank.

And it's on the record that Arum then brought up non-existent HBO/SHOWTIME issues.

There's no "he said/she said" about that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            It's been confirmed that Golden Boy did indeed send the contract over to Top Rank.

And it's on the record that Arum then brought up non-existent HBO/SHOWTIME issues.

There's no "he said/she said" about that.
            They sooner just take the side their fav fighter is on , truth dont matter to these kids .

Comment

I see Schaefer and Golden Boy being more of ah honest and transparent promoter. After all the drama and dust usually settles, it's usually "Bottom" Rank that I can tell was pulling strings and playing politics. After all, Arum is a former attorney.

Comment

schaefer Says making a Deal with Top Rank is impossible...

CEO Richard Schaefer is an SOB who seems to say bull**** on things that he himself does not know... it seems to me that the bulls here actually is Richard Schaefer... WHY DID I SAID THAT???... for the obvious reasons that thereafter that Top Rank did not bite on the supposedly $3-Million offer contract... WHY is then ABNER MARES had move up the weight???,,, WHY???... the very reasons is that because Abner Mares could could NOT anymore make the weight THUS, Richard Schaefer is making an excuse OUT of NOTHING at all...

Comment

Working...
                X