Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankie Gavin vs Jason Welborn RbR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn it, had a fiver on Gavin to finish it in round 4-6.

Gavin was class. If Welborn wasn't so huge at weight he would have stopped him even earlier.

Loved some Gavin's defensive work innate sense of distance is impressive. He's looking like top prospect again. I think a lot of people would be happier if moved down in weight though.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
      Good performance.

I doubt he will step up too much in his next two fights. Looks like he wants to secure the belt outright and then move on to possibly Vassell or Purdy.

Purdy is from my home town but Gavin will box his head off tbh if they meet.

Hatton is a fight I would like to see.
      Isn't Purdy up against Jones in March?

Comment

Purdy-Jones is going to be a war!

Haven't seen the Byrne-Jones fight, don't know what happened there. Welborn may've been big at the weight but it's the same ol' Frankie. I'd like to see him throw more, get out of range as the opponent retaliates and make him pay for it rather than waiting for the opponent to open up, open him up yourself.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
            Isn't Purdy up against Jones in March?
            Yep, he is. Looking forward to that fight.

I would say Purdy has more chance of winning that fight then he does if he fights Gavin. Depends what Jones turns up though.

I reckon Gavin will have a couple of fairly routine defenses in April and June, then September time he will be looking at the likes of Purdy, Vassell, Hatton.

Comment

Gavin vs Welborn fight report

http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com

Comment

i forgot about this

Comment

Nice to see Gavin looking fit, focussed, comfortable at the weight and using his world-class technique. Seems to have settled down and ironed-out all his problems. Hope to see him go out three or four times this year and perhaps have a showdown with Vassell.

Comment

Working...
                  X