No announcement yet.

leg work out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leg work out

what sort of leg workouts do you lad use in here?

id imagine to get that dynamic explosive power it would have to be sprints over long distance running?

would you include weights ie squats and lunges?

any sample of a leg programme out there???

Squats, lunges, calf raises, box jumps.

Here is Evander Holyfields routine http://www.sportsci.org/news/news9709/hatfield.html

Comment

Deadlifts, Cleans, Box Squats and Jumping (Box Jumps, Seated Box Jumps, Depth Jumps)

Go heavy and stay in the range of 3-5 reps. Lift in an fast/explosive manner.

Comment

There are lot of leg exercises but i like to do running and dancing. Both are best exercises and make legs healthy and strong. People do dancing and running for making legs slim. I think these are best exercises for legs ever.

Comment

rope jumping, squats

Comment

As far as boxing is concerned, long distance runs and sprint's, some speed ladder work and the oddball plyo exercise.

As far as lifting; squats, sldl's, lunges, and some calf raises

Comment

I don't lift at all for my legs.

Running and rowing daily is all the leg workout I need. When I did, though - it looked something like dan covs - just a collection of 2-3 supersets with 2 minutes rest between each.

Leg workouts become impractical when you're hitting daily cardio - no one wants to burn out early due to thigh/calf strains.

Comment

No offense, but any boxer or athlete who does not work legs is not very smart. A stronger athlete is a better athlete, and in boxing, the majority of your power comes from your core and your posterior chain, so you'd be stupid to not train legs.

OP, there are lots of assistance exercises you could do, but outside of running, I'd say that no decent program would be without both squats AND deadlifts.

And yes, deadlifts work legs as well (hamstrings).

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Frazier View Post
                  I don't lift at all for my legs.

Running and rowing daily is all the leg workout I need. When I did, though - it looked something like dan covs - just a collection of 2-3 supersets with 2 minutes rest between each.

Leg workouts become impractical when you're hitting daily cardio - no one wants to burn out early due to thigh/calf strains.
                  Not true. Omitting direct leg strength work is begging to end up on your back.

Comment

Originally posted by IronBoxer View Post
                    Not true. Omitting direct leg strength work is begging to end up on your back.
                    I didn't say to omit leg strength work, but leg strength work doesn't come exclusively from hitting weights in a gym environment.

I run a 10km every week and row every single day - not to mention my normal shift PT, marches and runs. As of now, without a single weighted leg exercise for months - my legs have never looked better nor have they ever been stronger.

When I was training 5 days a week for my (then) aspiring professional boxing career and hitting weighted leg workouts every week my legs weren't even nearly as explosive as they are now.

Comment

Working...
                    X