Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusting.. And people laugh when I said la liga was becoming a glorified spl..

It may shoot then in the foot though.. Man united were so dominant in the league after winning 1999 that they were poor in Europe because they didn't face hardcomp in England

Not sure why people are shocked at pep leaving.. It's been on the cards the past couple of seasons.. He only signs one year contracts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Street Disciple View Post
      Guardiola has quite a small roll at Barcelona. He has no say whatsoever in transfers and i bet he has minimal input in team selections.

He more or less just picks up the cones after training and hands out the oranges at half time.
      Your spot on...Also it was Frank Rijkaard who build the foundations of success at Barca. Pep was the luckiest manager in the world to walk into that role, he ain't no messiah for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
        Disgusting.. And people laugh when I said la liga was becoming a glorified spl..

It may shoot then in the foot though.. Man united were so dominant in the league after winning 1999 that they were poor in Europe because they didn't face hardcomp in England

Not sure why people are shocked at pep leaving.. It's been on the cards the past couple of seasons.. He only signs one year contracts.
        Feel for the Seville fans. I can show genuine empathy being a Dundee fan in a dead league dominated by the old firm. The rest of Scotland ****ing hate the old firm with a passion. They have killed our game in 3 decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
          Your spot on...Also it was Frank Rijkaard who build the foundations of success at Barca. Pep was the luckiest manager in the world to walk into that role, he ain't no messiah for sure.
          I can't even begin to explain how hilarious this is TBH. First off no, it was in fact Johan Cruyff who built Barca's philosophy to what it is known for today, that is simply a known fact, everyone after Cruyff including Rijkaard (who's a legend) was just building off of him and it was only Pep who took it to another level. Four seasons 13 trophies(14 if they win Copa del Ray), it will most likely never be seen again, at least not for a while.

Pep will go down as a legend, as he should.

Comment

• Barcelona have never had less than 50% possession under Pep.

Comment

• I can see him quitting management altogether, Johan Cruijff-style. He has had his own dream team, and any move now represents a step down.

Guardiola has matched the perfect combinations and patterns of play, while creating the right environment for his top talents, particularly Messi, to flourish.

Comment

• Originally posted by r.Gooner View Post
                I can see him quitting management altogether, Johan Cruijff-style. He has had his own dream team, and any move now represents a step down.

Guardiola has matched the perfect combinations and patterns of play, while creating the right environment for his top talents, particularly Messi, to flourish.
                ^^^
                This

I can see him going to England though at some point, he's has spoken about it pretty openly in the past. But I agree, this is more about Pep than anything else, he deserves a rest.
                Last edited by USA4LIFE; 04-27-2012, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Tito Vilanova,with effect from next season the new head coach of Barcelona. President Sandro Rosell made Friday at a press conference not only the departure of Josep Guardiola known, but also the appointment of his assistant Vila Nova de los Azulgrana the final responsibility for next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
                    Some reports are saying Adan won't be with Real next season.
                    The kid's good not rm material

Comment

• I'd like to see him take the England job after his year out, that will really prove what calibre of manager he is. If he succeeds there then he deserves to be called the greatest ever because that is undoubtedly the hardest job in world football.

Comment

Working...
                      X