Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought Americans and Englishmen were supposed to be mates?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Americans and Englishmen were supposed to be mates?

I thought we were supposed to be cool? Why is there so much damn animosity towards Americans? Yeah, our govt. has done some bad things, but so has yours!

Yes, there are fat Americans. . . but England isn't far behind at all in terms of overall obesity. . . anyway, that's no reason to hate somebody for being chunky!!!

Yes, there are ignorant Americans. . . but as we have seen, there are also fat, ignorant Englishmen and Canadians too. . . i.e., TRAM LADY. . . but im smart enough to realize that is an ISOLATED INCIDENT. . just like the cases you hear, are ISOLATED INCIDENTS. .

What about the fact that England colonized the entire world? And the reason that we have so much inequity between countries is because of their taste for tea, and subsequent addiction to tea and other spices? They are the reason some countries have nothing, while westernized countries (including Australia, Canada, and USA) have EVERYTHING. LOL, we invade ONE COUNTRY (you guys did too, just for the record), and ENgland has invaded basically every damn country on the face of the earth. . .

WHat about the fact that they kept RACISM in RHODESIA ALL THE WAY UP UNTIL 1980?! Same for South Africa - they set up the system of govt. that was used up until 1992. . .

Please, it makes you look even more ignorant that the American stereotype, when you GENERALIZE all Americans. . STOP BLAMING AND GROUPING all americans based on PAST ACTS of our govt., and on RANDOM, ISOLATED "stories" you hear on the damn nightly news. . .

We are supposed to be mates here! THe revolutionary war is over! After WWII we've been on the SAME DAMN TEAM!

ummm.......ok

Comment

i realize not all englishmen generalize americans. . . but ive seen a lot of hateful comments on here. . . all because of the country somebody is from?!

i enjoy a good joke about america. . . but too many ignorant englishmen who have NEVER EVEN BEEN TO AMERICA, yet they seem to know more about it than any american. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
        ummm.......ok
        please, college educated people only. . . you are probably part of the reason america gets bad stereotypes. . .

Comment

Might have something to do with Obama sending back the bust of Winston Churchill (valued at 300K and sent to us after 9/11) or calling France our biggest ally.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...o-Britain.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...p-Britain.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            Might have something to do with Obama sending back the bust of Winston Churchill (valued at 300K and sent to us after 9/11) or calling France our biggest ally.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...o-Britain.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...p-Britain.html
            That's right. We talk about that a lot over here. And I mean A LOT.

Comment

**** you fat yank..........

Comment

I was going to vandalise the Ronald Reagan statue in London today, but I just can't remember where they put it.

Comment

Honestly what it really comes down to is that English people have bad teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
                    **** you fat yank..........
                    **** you dookie toothed brit!

true story: i went to stay with a family in england for three days when my select u-14 soccer team was playing in a tourney there. . . they pick me up from the airport and i say: "can you stop by the store so i can get a toothbrush and toothpaste"? DEAD SERIOUS RESPONSE from FRAGGLE-ROCK, DOOKIE-TOOHED ENGLISHMAN: "why mate, you're only gonna be here THREE DAYS"?

Comment

Working...
                    X