No announcement yet.

Canelo says hes a fan of the shoulder roll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo says hes a fan of the shoulder roll

And he will keep on trying to master till hes prefect at it.Thoughts on canelo
    trying to learn this defensive skill?

I think most boxers especially southpaws should learn the shoulder roll...shows how well your timing is and how to detect a type of punch

Comment

should canelo keep working on it?Or should he forget about it?

Comment

He sucks at it. He over does it. Plus he doesn't mix offense with it. Shit, Cotto uses the shoulder roll to block punches but that doesn't count as saying he is learning the shoulder roll. It's not just rolling your shoulder, it's having perfect timing and good counters.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
          I think most boxers especially southpaws should learn the shoulder roll...shows how well your timing is and how to detect a type of punch
          What are you talking about? Shoulder rolling would leave most southpaws even more open to an orthodox straight right down the pipe

Comment

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
            He sucks at it. He over does it. Plus he doesn't mix offense with it. Shit, Cotto uses the shoulder roll to block punches but that doesn't count as saying he is learning the shoulder roll. It's not just rolling your shoulder, it's having perfect timing and good counters.
            Well it looks like he was working on his timing and his counters.Come on
            i dont think hes gonna look great at his first try.He needs time

Comment

I think he would be better off using it while on the inside than at range. He isn't quick enough to roll with the punches from what I've seen and gets hit more than he should. If you know how to pull it off you can protect yourself very well on the inside though. Doesn't leave many openings. Many great infighters, Mexican too, used this style.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                And he will keep on trying to master till hes prefect at it.Thoughts on canelo
                trying to learn this defensive skill?
                The reason Canelo didnt knock Gomez early was for him to get enough practice

Comment

he is terrible at it. he better stop before he gets seriously hurt.

Comment

I don't know his reflexes aren't fast enough to do it effectively. Maybe... but really he should be practicing that while training not during a fight. Until he gets it down, he should it, but not right now, he looked terrible doing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X