Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hate for Cotto on the island...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though I think Cotto and his team are scums for doing it, I'm not going to wish him to get KO'd or loses.

Comment

Last I checked SHOWTIME is not free in the US. I don't get why people are saying its free.

Comment

Some of the posters here have a problem with english comprehension and are missing the point completely. Do you all understand the concept of an argument? The TS is arguing that Cotto f'd up because his company is charging PPV in Puerto Rico, where he knows people will buy it, and no where else--will be "free" on showtime for showtime subscribers everywhere else. Mind you PR's median household income is less than any of the US states and many other countries around the world.

The TS is not arguing that $60 dollars is a lot of money, nor that only Trinidad and Juanma are worthy of PR PPV money. Kindly remove your heads from your asses and then continue in the discussion if you like

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
        Puerto Ricans have been paying PPV fees for JuanMa and Calderon for years. What's the problem now? It seems like in PR Cotto is damned if you do, damned if you don't. He'll never be Tito in the hearts and minds of PR fans and you all need to come to grips with that already. He gets more love in NYC than in PR. He has a promotional company now and it needs to turn a profit. If you all really want to join the other 50 states you'd better start getting used to it. In the US, Capitalism trumps democracy damn near every time brother.
        Why not charge New Yorkers PPV then? And who told you that we want to join the 50 states? Please get your facts straight. That recent vote was a ploy by the pro-statehood party and it failed. The majority of PR want things the way they are now. The numbers are always the same. Screw statehood.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          Thing is these fighters have a family to feed,but so do we fans so you have an option to pay or not to pay,if you dont want to pay cool but i bet a lot of people will pay because they are fans.Cotto is just trying to secure his upcoming retirement and manke sure he gets payed since he is his own boss now
          Same tired ass argument that people use as an excuse to **** on other people:

"I have to feed my family."

Comment

Why this wasnt announce before? Why no promotions here? Why they lie to us? If this was announce from the beginning nobody would be acting like this. We get the surprise this week. There are plenty of bars that they are going to show the fight so people will watch and will root for Cotto when they get drunk. But it is not right to come out with this BS and justify it with you get to see Fontanez, Melendez, Velez and the rest of the kids we are not interested in watching.

Comment

So everyones whos crying like a baby means to tell me if they were a big time fighter and had chance to make more money they wouldnt take it? Gtfo. Lying ass ninjas.

Stop thinking broke and think reality.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                Milking because he's charging for 1 PPV?!? Come on man, milking would be if he was doing it over and over again. People can get together and chip in, I know my family and they all have the same mentality. They just want stuff for free. I'm sick of people living off the government in P.R. That's why the economy there is pure garbage.
                First of all, you are missing the TS's point entirely.

Second, you act like only people in PR want things for free. Do you know anything about economics? Do you realize that plenty of U.S. citizens across the nation like free **** too, love government handouts, and all the while have higher household incomes than PR?

Maybe you should only speak for your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
                  Last I checked SHOWTIME is not free in the US. I don't get why people are saying its free.
                  Meaning its part of your Monthly superscription. You already pay for it for other reasons other than boxing. Free meaning PPV...or an extra 60 or so bucks on top of your bill!

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
                    Some of the posters here have a problem with english comprehension and are missing the point completely. Do you all understand the concept of an argument? The TS is arguing that Cotto f'd up because his company is charging PPV in Puerto Rico, where he knows people will buy it, and no where else--will be "free" on showtime for showtime subscribers everywhere else. Mind you PR's median household income is less than any of the US states and many other countries around the world.

The TS is not arguing that $60 dollars is a lot of money, nor that only Trinidad and Juanma are worthy of PR PPV money. Kindly remove your heads from your asses and then continue in the discussion if you like

Why not charge New Yorkers PPV then? And who told you that we want to join the 50 states? Please get your facts straight. That recent vote was a ploy by the pro-statehood party and it failed. The majority of PR want things the way they are now. The numbers are always the same. Screw statehood.
                    I fully agree. It seems like some keep nitpicking and debating the same old. Anyone can be a fan of Cotto, the guy is a very good boxer and has fought the best. There's nothing wrong in being a Cotto fan.

The problem is when that admiration clouds someone's judgment to the point that they justify something that is, clearly, unjustifiable. It's even worse when someone ends up bringing irrelevant arguments, such as political situations or territorial conditions, to try and make a point valid. This is boxing, not politics.

Comment

Cotto is on the way out, i'm sure he'd take an extra $3-4 M than the adoration of a million or so people

Comment

Working...
                      X