No announcement yet.

Carb load before workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb load before workout

Okay, here's another one for BS's finest minds. I'm trying to lose fat whilst gaining muscle. To this end I'm watching my calorie intake and trying to get it from quality sources. Now I know that increasing muscle mass in itself is a good way to lose fat due to the basal calorie requirement of the muscle itself? The question I have is this:

Would there be any harm in taking an energy boost in supplemental form before working out, to enable me to hit the weights harder and thus grow more, as long as I counted the calorie intake as part of my total daily allowance?

OR

Should I carry on with the working out within 2 hours of eating complex carbs (such as wholegrain cereal), have a less impacting workout muscle wise, yet burn more fat as htis will be sourced for energy requirements?

Bigdozer, Punchdrunk, anyone?

Lol

If you wanna try a supplement that will help provide better recovery between sets hence higher intensity training (I take it you're doing weights), have you tried creatine supplementation? Bloody oath is works, even with boxing training.

Comment

Been thinking about it mate, just a bit low on the $ these days and it's not cheap over here.

Lol

Comment

yeh creatine aint dat much, and damn it works wonders man, i bought some stuff twice expensive and didnt do as much as creatine.

Comment

ye, creatine is the best ****, everytime i go on it, i gain 4-5 pounds

Comment

I gained **** all and it made only a little difference in what i was lifting- very little!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X