Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DSource Exclusive Interview with RA The Rugged Man (part 1of2)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSource Exclusive Interview with RA The Rugged Man (part 1of2)

DSource Exclusive Interview with RA The Rugged Man (part 1 of 2)

December 30, 7:59 PMIndianapolis Fight Sports ExaminerDennis "dSource" Guillermo

Legendary Rapper RA THE RUGGED MAN (AP Photo)
    "So that jealousy, what they want to do is discredit an athlete and make him look $h!tty and that's the history of Mayweather and what he does." --RA The Rugged Man
    Good day fight fans! Happy Holidays to all of you from LA (Los Angeles) in Cali to LA (Lower Antipolo) in the Philippines; New York, New York, to New York, Cubao and all the other regions in the world I missed.
    As a special offering for all of you avid readers and followers of the sweet science, I sat down with one of the REAL legends of Hip-Hop, and one of my all-time favorite lyricists, RA The Rugged Man. As a rapper, RA got the respect and spit rhymes with Notorious B.I.G. back in the day, even giving him praise by saying "I thought I was the greatest," when describing him. But I didn't call RA to the about Hip-Hop. I contacted him to talk about the state of boxing.
    RA is a hardcore boxing fan and a historian of the sport. You might remember him from his infamous Sirius Satellite radio interview with Floyd Mayweather Jr. a month ago wherein he asked the latter about the real issues that surround his legacy and his career. That same interview by the way was quoted in a recent press statement by Team Pacquiao as a source of one of Mayweather's defaming comments when he said that "The Philippines has the best enhancement drugs".
    RA calls it like it is and that's why I admire him. Love his opinion or not, the man makes sense. He is a boxing fan first and foremost and is non-partisan in terms of being a fan of either Pacquiao or Mayweather. Hear what he had to say when I asked him about the current controversy that surrounds the sport we all love in light of Golden Boy Promotions and Team Mayweather's tactics bringing up Olympic-style steroids testing to derail negotiations for the superfight between Pacquiao and Mayweather.
    Here is part 1 of 2 (video and transcript below) of my exclusive interview with RA THE RUGGED MAN:
    D Source - Good day fight fans! We're here with RA THE RUGGED MAN, one of the legends of Hip-Hop and one of the best lyricists of all time. He also happens to be a big boxing fan. You might remember hif for his infamous interview with Floyd Mayweather Jr. over at Sirius Satellite Radio a couple of weeks back. So RA, how are you doing man?
    RA THE RUGGED MAN - I'm doing great! Enjoying the Holidays... Got back from Christmas with the family you know.. Good week.
    D Source - Let's get down to Boxing business. I wanted to get your thoughts on this fiasco over the holidays that's been going on involving this steroids deal with Floyd Mayweather and promotional representative Golden Boy Promotions have started up.
    RA THE RUGGED MAN - I think they're just slimy. I think they're just slimy and it's disgusting. Everybody knows that Manny Pacquiao is the fighter of the year of 2009, all the accolades. Everybody was loving this guy, blowing up in the mainstream as well as fight fans was loving him, and he was putting on great fights and destroying fighters like Cotto and dismantling them that.. nobody dismantled Cotto like that ever.. and the guy looked great all year. And now all of a sudden there's jealousy in the Mayweather camp premeditated by the guy. So that jealousy, what they want to do is discredit an athlete and make him look $h!tty and that's the history of Mayweather and what he does. It's like if you compare him to Sugar Ray Leonard, he will discredit Sugar Ray Leonard. If you compare him to any fighter, he'll try to discredit that fighter.. 'Oh, Bernard Hopkins... Hopkins lost.. either the guy is a loser or a cheater. Nobody can be great except him in his mind and it's pretty disgusting. It's actually hurting the sport of boxing because all of the press is hearing now is steroids, steroids, steroids, steroids. It's like you'd rather hurt the sport of boxing rather than just fight the man?!
    (Listen to the audio below)

Note: I divided the video into 2 because part 1 has a little static but I did not want to cut-off what RA had to say so I wrote the transcript and posted the audio so you can hear it from the horse's mouth. Part 2 is much clearer however and I will be posting that shortly. This is just a small part of the entire interview I wanted to share hot off the oven from the interview just an hour ago. I will be uploading the rest later, so please check back. You can't miss this. Thanks...
    YOU CAN ALSO HEAR/DOWNLOAD RA THE RUGGED MAN'S GUESTING ON THE BOXING TRUTH RADIO SHOW BY CLICKING THIS LINK.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1...an-part-1-of-2

I am laughing FLOYD got OWNED!!!!

http://theboxingtruth.com/listen.php?id=186

rugged man has a POINT

nice thread !!!

Comment

RA preaching the truth once again

Comment

That's the truth.

Comment

hell yeah its the truth!

finally 16th post bitches! more to come

Comment

bumpin!!!!

Comment

it's true, floyd always discredit other boxers!
              and so does his father! they all do it

roids or no roids, lil floyd will whip manny ass accdg to floyod sr. and then you hear ellerbe saying "oh I'm only here to protect floyd..." scared of floydie getting killed are ya?

Comment

Comment

As their master does, watch floyd fans discredit this interview and RA

Comment

Working...
                  X