Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bennie Brisoce's Amature Accomplishments and his thoughts on Ali.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bennie Brisoce's Amature Accomplishments and his thoughts on Ali.......

Briscoe moved to Philadelphia- his parents and their other children still live in Georgia- as a pudgy 200 pound Teenager. He started boxing in the amatures while a student at Simon Gratz High School in North Philly in 1957.

He won three Middle Atlantic AAU championships in the Welterweight class. In 1962, he was runner up in the nationals.

In 1960 he made a bid for the USA Olympic team. He advanced to the finals of the trials. In those trials was a young man form Louisville, Kentucky, by the name of Cassius Clay.

''He was a friendly cat, who seemed to be in love with the world'' said Briscoe

''Of course, at the time I called him Cassius Clay as that is what he called himself. Today, I call him Muhammad Ali and for the same reason.

where can i get the rest of the article???

oh bad bennie... he is def the top 5 fighters from philly in my opinion... some people will put him as number one... whatever it may be is still not enough credit than he really deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by IBox85 View Post
      where can i get the rest of the article???

oh bad bennie... he is def the top 5 fighters from philly in my opinion... some people will put him as number one... whatever it may be is still not enough credit than he really deserves...
      Can't see him as the best out of Philly, but as you said, still doesn't get enough credit.

Comment

bennie was a gret fighter who is worthy of being inducted into the HOF! would love to see him and Monzon 1

Comment

Working...
        X