No announcement yet.

Dodgy Work By The BBoC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy Work By The BBoC?

Not a big deal but Taansend being the sad anorak Taansend is (isn't everyone who talks about themselves in the third person a bit sad) I was looking through the record of DUNCAN COTTIER who lost to Phill (cousin of Tyson) Fury on Saturday.

Cottier is a REAL boxing hero who has a record of 3(1)-81(5)-3 - all in just seven years.

Now the bloke turned pro at 28 & his early bouts were around 150 pounds. After he hit 32 or so his average weight was 155-160.

But have a look at this......

September 2009 he weighs 161.
    October 2009 he weighs 158.
    November 2009 he weighs 147 against the Lightweight Willy Limond - who was 137.
    December 2009 he weighs 163+.

Now he lost all of these fights over the distance. No controversy there.

But it looks to me that his weight for the Limond fight was manipulated. I can't believe a journeyman fighter suddenly loses a dozen pounds for a fight earning him 500 quid.

Like I said it's not an important subject, just one that has piqued my interest.

Bollocks....

I mean BBBoC......

Comment

Good spot! Maybe Cottier really, really needed the money!

Comment

ah bless you

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
          Not a big deal but Taansend being the sad anorak Taansend is (isn't everyone who talks about themselves in the third person a bit sad) I was looking through the record of DUNCAN COTTIER who lost to Phill (cousin of Tyson) Fury on Saturday.

Cottier is a REAL boxing hero who has a record of 3(1)-81(5)-3 - all in just seven years.

Now the bloke turned pro at 28 & his early bouts were around 150 pounds. After he hit 32 or so his average weight was 155-160.

But have a look at this......

September 2009 he weighs 161.
          October 2009 he weighs 158.
          November 2009 he weighs 147 against the Lightweight Willy Limond - who was 137.
          December 2009 he weighs 163+.

Now he lost all of these fights over the distance. No controversy there.

But it looks to me that his weight for the Limond fight was manipulated. I can't believe a journeyman fighter suddenly loses a dozen pounds for a fight earning him 500 quid.

Like I said it's not an important subject, just one that has piqued my interest.
          Some of them might have been same day weigh ins.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            Some of them might have been same day weigh ins.
            Thanks. Very good point.

Comment

Working...
            X